The New Raith Rovers Thread

I hope we've got a decent sell on clause for the young boy, if he's as promising as he seems to be.

Story on the Rovers website says £10k plus future add ons dependant upon the lads progress. The Smith deal appears unrelated and I'm glad we've got him back. The first couple of games he looked the best of the hearts loanees before he lost his way a bit and then Jamie Walker took centre stage.

Others are better placed to go into detail but IIRC there is a set scale for youth players in respect of compensation, obviously the longer the player is at the club the recompence is greater.

think that depends on wether its a youth contract or a pro contract, i may be wrong though

edited to add.

at 16 he would be on pro contracts as far as i know, again i may be wrong, someone could possibly clarrify?

Edited by grumswall

think that depends on wether its a youth contract or a pro contract, i may be wrong though

edited to add.

at 16 he would be on pro contracts as far as i know, again i may be wrong, someone could possibly clarrify?

from club site

Liam Gordon, the 16 year old midfielder who made the step up from our Academy to sign professional terms only days before John McGlynn’s departure to Tynecastle, now follows our former manager over to the maroon side of Edinburgh. Everyone at Stark’s Park wishes the likeable youngster all the best in his future career.

edited to add.

The amount due is set for players who come through the youth system dependant on how long they have been there and is set as a minimum, so there would be a minimum fee due but as Liam had signed a pro contract Raith can negotiate any fee. Big Liam is a good prospect, Raith picked him up from Dundee a few years ago and he has progresses well and spent a week at the end of last season on trial with Bolton who he impressed and were still monitoring. Celtic were also watching him. So another good prospect is sold before he reaches the first team but there are a number of good players coming through, just depends where they are allowed to reach their peak but Raith are not in a position to turn cash down these days.where

It's a pity we don't blood young guys into our 1st team, like Hamilton Accies do, and make some proper money, but hey ho needs must and I guess we get a share of anything if he moves.

Wilson, Callachan and Laidlaw? At 16 he'd have to have been really special to get into the first team. No doubt a lot of potential and if hes any good we'll likely see him again in a couple of years anyway....

Good draw should hopefully bring in a bit of extra income. The players seem happy with the draw aswell, at least the ones that are on twitter. Hopefully we at least make a good account of ourselves in the game.

Edited by grumswall

How much money do the BBC pay?

Not sure, wouldnt think it would be great money but its certainly money that should be unbudgeted for so will be an added bonus to the club for doing well in the cup. Which is something the team should be aiming for every year. The players will no doubt get bonuses (which are hopefully not massive) and the club should make money on top of this, assuming lessons have been learned.

Great draw for us today. Hoping for a crowd of 20,000 which would net us about £100k I reckon.

I would hope for a bit more than that even though its a middle of the week cup game against a "diddy" team for Celtic. This is a big way that those celtic fans that said they would attend sellout saturday at starks yet didnt could help our club and it would also benefit their club.

Peter heatherston even had to drive them to livingston. The other notable fucking over came in the form of paul hartley. Given to us by millwall in lieu of 450k owed to us then hibs got him for 100k because we had a bit of bother sevco stylee