The New Raith Rovers Thread

That in the original tie Hill should've been sent off reducing you to 9 men, instead the referee allowed him to stay on the park, Raith equalised and Hill scored the winner (which he should've been banned from?) in the replay?

Fact is the referee got all the big decisions correct in the game on Saturday, was Walker deserving of a yellow card? Yes, was Hill deserving of a yellow card? Yes. Was Husband off-side? No.

Your own players indiscipline is costing you, time you better start dealing with that than trying to hide behind some conspiracy theory that the referees are out to get you.

You spreading your shite in this thread too - obsessed with us are we, or still euphoric after Saturdays debacle?

You'll know from the first minute of the game at EEP about players who should have been sent of who weren't and went on to influence the outcome, or maybe you've a selective memory about these things. We've no players in our team to match Falkingham so shut yer pus. dry.gif

Edited by Big Berk

Turnbull Hutton on the SPL proposals for league reconstructions

Turnbull Hutton, the Raith Rovers chairman believes, the Scottish Premier League may struggle to attract another 12 sides to a revamped top flight, describing the league as a "flawed brand".

Representatives of all SPL clubs agreed on Monday that they would pursue league expansion, which is believed to consist of two top tiers of 12 clubs, which would split into three leagues of eight after 22 matches for an extended play-off system.

However, in order to progress with the strategy they would require 12 Scottish Football League clubs to agree to leave their current governing body and make the step up.

While reluctant to make definitive judgment without seeing details of the SPL's plan, Hutton believes any invitation will be looked upon doubtfully by his fellow clubs. He said: "I have no doubt there will be some clubs who buy into the 'greed is good' mentality. But whether there are enough is another matter. The impressions I've had from meetings with SFL clubs is that they are bit more savvy than that.

"The SPL is a flawed brand. If they had enjoyed 14 years of spectacular success and were now sending the boats back to save the rest of Scottish football then the plan would have some credence. As it stands, nobody likes it, the whole system is in turmoil, and we are supposed to buy into the proposals, still under the umbrella of the SPL. What would happen to those sides who would be cut adrift?"

Aside from his blast at the lack of success of the SPL, Hutton is not sure their proposal is what fans would like to see. He added: "Former SFA chief executive Gordon Smith talked about this structure when he was chief executive and they have just revamped and dusted that down, with Neil Doncaster attempting to sell it. I'm not sure a league in which you need to be a mathematician to figure things out is what the fans want.

"This attitude regarding fans and financial support for smaller clubs coming from the same person who warned us about Armageddon without Rangers is hard to believe. I didn't realise the road to redemption went via Armageddon."

Hutton does not hold out much hope of an agreement between the SPL and SFL clubs in the coming weeks. He added: "Life is too short for this. We, the SFL clubs, spent a day at Hampden and give our unanimous backing to a proposal. The SPL spend a day at Hampden and gave their unanimous backing to a proposal.

"Why can't Neil Doncaster, David Longmuir and Stewart Regan sit down, iron out a proposal that they all agree on, and present that to everyone together, instead of continuing with this sideshow?"

Spot on again...

1353500250[/url]' post='6828004']

Has anyone heard any rumours concerning cracks in the South Stand? My Dad's just texted to ask and I can't say that I have. Don't know if it's just someone mischief making or something more serious.

The cracks have been there for a wee while now.

I think it's settlement more than anything else. Don't think it's anything to worry about.

The problem we have is that there is absolutely no real desire for change within the SPL itself. The complete failure to get rid of the 11-1 voting procedure even sans Rangers and the fact that Sevco puppet Neil Doncaster hasn't at least faced a vote of no confidence tell you more or less all you need to know. The SPL's proposals for change were also nothing but a tarted up SPL2. Put simply, the SPL absolutely do not give f**k about the rest of us, nor do they want to relinquish their position in the game.

The SPL has been a complete and utter disaster for the game, what with its stupid requirements that even the richest league in the world doesn't demand of its members. It makes me sick that our proxy went and fucking voted for it.

We're a long way away from any meaningful change, I'm afraid.

No real desire to go over the whole thing again, but the FFP have a couple of pictures of Allan Walker's challenge on Saturday. Certainly wasn't high...

http://www.fifetoday...efeat-1-2644589

Agree with Turnbull as well, the SPL can f**k off.

That shows him on the way down, going by that picture you can see it's two footed, see he's not getting the ball and can see that he's been completely off the ground when making the challenge, awful challenge and deserving of the red card. Poor from Murray to condone those types of challenges tbh.

Listened to the sportsound podcast last night from Monday with Niel Doncaster and Turnbull on it. The man is a legend and if you haven't heard it, it's worth a listen

It's here Turnbull the Legend It's the Mon 19 Nov one

Heard it at the time. Turnbull definitely comes out with some great soundbites. "Rally round the dead parrot" and the quip about WW2 getting sorted quicker than sorting out Scottish football were the highlights.

The problem we have is that there is absolutely no real desire for change within the SPL itself. The complete failure to get rid of the 11-1 voting procedure even sans Rangers and the fact that Sevco puppet Neil Doncaster hasn't at least faced a vote of no confidence tell you more or less all you need to know. The SPL's proposals for change were also nothing but a tarted up SPL2. Put simply, the SPL absolutely do not give f**k about the rest of us, nor do they want to relinquish their position in the game.

The SPL has been a complete and utter disaster for the game, what with its stupid requirements that even the richest league in the world doesn't demand of its members. It makes me sick that our proxy went and fucking voted for it.

We're a long way away from any meaningful change, I'm afraid.

Who was that guy that we sent along to the meeting? I seem to recall it was a pub landlord from Lochgelly. I also recall some shite about him doing it for the good of the game. Aye, that worked out well.

Walker's tackle was a sending off every day of the week. Don't know how anyone who had a clear view of the tackle could dispute that.

No defence, as you simply need to keep the head but I thought his tackle was borne out of frustration at the ridiculous inconsistency of the terrible referee.

1353579070[/url]' post='6830718']

No defence, as you simply need to keep the head but I thought his tackle was borne out of frustration at the ridiculous inconsistency of the terrible referee.

It was but shit referees seem to be the norm nowadays (not biased in any way, just shit) so Murray needs to instill discipline. The difference on Saturday was the Pars kept their heads, we lost ours.

Edited by roverthemoon

1353587388[/url]' post='6830962']

It was but shit referees seem to be the norm nowadays (not biased in any way, just shit) so Murray needs to instill discipline. The difference on Saturday was the Pars kept their heads, we lost ours.

Falkingham nearly lost his courtesy of Dougie Hill.

I'm sure lessons will be learned.

Walker's tackle was a sending off every day of the week. Don't know how anyone who had a clear view of the tackle could dispute that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: