The New Raith Rovers Thread

Disappointed to see him go, but I doubt he'd get a two year deal here.

I'd have been very pleased to see him in our defence next season, and I really hope Hill isn't now going to be first choice. Two CBs required now, IMO.

Well that leaves us with Murray, Hill and Ellis as potential centre backs now - hardly an ideal situation.

Murray would only be getting used in an emergency you'd think so we need at least one guy in who'll be first choice alongside either Hill and Ellis. Factor in some inevitable suspension time for Hill and it would be useful to have someone else in the squad who can play there as well.

The only positive regarding Mensing is that his decision has been made early so we can crack n on with finding a replacement - you'd have to think Andy Dowie would be an obvious target.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I wonder what effect the league construction is going to have on possible (re-)signings and ST sales. Are players going to wait till the vote has been done the 10th of June? They might not even have a league to play in (if SPL vote down a SPL2)...

Interesting to read Walker say he's not heard anything about a new contract yet and he's called further cuts at the club embarrassing.

Was this in a newspaper, on radio or on social media?

What's embarrassing about the club being skint? Surely that's just the way it is.

Interesting to read Walker say he's not heard anything about a new contract yet and he's called further cuts at the club embarrassing.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

If he calls the cuts embarrassing, I wonder how he rates his own performances

Interesting to read Walker say he's not heard anything about a new contract yet and he's called further cuts at the club embarrassing.

Murray admitted as much a couple of weeks back that he hadn't talked to Walker, on a tight budget I'd guess he's prioritising and Walker is not top priority, he's free of course to find another club, that's up to him. We know that Cardle has been offered terms, and that Murray has also approached Liam Fox, so it may be that he's waiting to see who else signs up, and who else he needs to negotiate with.

Edited by renton

Murray admitted as much a couple of weeks back that he hadn't talked to Walker, on a tight budget I'd guess he's prioritising and Walker is not top priority, he's free of course to find another club, that's up to him. We know that Cardle has been offered terms, and that Murray has also approached Liam Fox, so it may be that he's waiting to see who else signs up, and who else he needs to negotiate with.

Walker claims he's not spoken to anyone else yet because he's still under contract with us. He'll know fine we'll that there won't be many full-time clubs beating down a path to his door.

I'm encouraged that Murray doesn't see him as a priority.

Wonder if Greig is leaving us and further budget cuts been made...

Read Greig Spence Twitter conversation:

A guy asking: any news on signing up yet?
Greig: na mate not looking great a dont think!
The guy: u serious?
Greig: yeah mate dont want to say to much on this, ill message u later in the week

Are they speaking about signing for Raith? Or is Greig joking around as usual?

Also:

Greig tweeting to Jason Thomson: "find a first touch you caaaaant”
Jason replied: "will do, see if I can find you a club while I'm at it "

Still joking or.....????

Wouldn't be too fussed if Walker left to be honest. About the right time to go to be honest. Lingering like a bad smell now. Last season was very poor from him.

I'd be disappointed if Spence wasn't being kept on, but the clubs bigger than any player...and if we can't sign him in order to stay afloat then so be it. Tough shit. I don't want to see the Rovers going all out like oor neeburs along the A92..

Right time for Walker to go. The only thing embarrassing has been his performances and his run in with the fans.

However if he does go it would be rather sad for the best part of a minute because its a long serving player leaving the club.

Who would that leave us with from the scottish cup semi final season? Murray, Ellis and McGurn if he signs? I know it was years ago and we obviously had to move on player wise but it just doesn't seem that long ago at all. The last few seasons have just flew in

To be fair if Grant Murray hasn't even taken the time to talk to Walker then that's out of line. He's out of contract next Saturday and the season's been done for three weeks.

Article here: http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/div-1/raith-rovers-skipper-says-there-s-no-such-thing-as-loyalty-in-football-now-1.96485

Would be more concerned about Spence undoubtedly, but Walker isn't a bad player.