The New Raith Rovers Thread

No point greeting about gate money.

We were all going on about sporting integrity last year re Rangers, cant go bleating about money now. The same applies.

We dealt with no Pars two years ago, we can again.

Plus, lets be honest - the derby crowds were fucking awful this year. Surely a title chasing Falkirk/Dundee or even Hearts (who knows) would bring as much as the Pars have this year?

It's pretty much always about money these days.

When Pars were promoted to the SPL a couple of years ago, I recall the board/McGlynn making a big deal of it in terms of lost revenue.

Even though the derby crowds were poor last season, we're still talking approximately 8000 people over two games. That kind of money will take a bit of replacing. Dundee or Falkirk possibly will make up the numbers, but I wouldn't like to have to count on it.

The Pars going down is a big loss financially but as always we'll just have to cut our cloth accordingly. It may be made up for by the fairer distribution of income if this league reconstruction thing ever goes through or if there are to be play offs, keeping crowds interested for longer.

The Pars going down is a big loss financially but as always we'll just have to cut our cloth accordingly. It may be made up for by the fairer distribution of income if this league reconstruction thing ever goes through or if there are to be play offs, keeping crowds interested for longer.

If league reconstruction goes through this summer then the Pars may be back here sooner than you think,

Along with Airdrie, :(

didn't the league reconstruction model want 2 leagues of twelve, so it would be win-win financially.

I hope this does not happen, but would it surprise anybody for Airdrie to benefit AGAIN and the Pars to get lucky?

Hope the Pars sink to the seaside leagues for a few years. They cheated for a substantial period of time, doing us out of a place in the SPL as a result, and the authorities don't have the courage to punish them accordingly.

Alloa pumping them down to the Second Division is phase one of justice. With any luck they won't return for a long time.

That last game of the season against Berwick - where we won 1-0, with an 85th minute goal from Andy Smith and won the league - was the only game I attended that season. At the end of the game, my pals and I half-heartedly jumped the wall onto the pitch, then stood there briefly before going back into the stand, in the shitest pitch invasion ever. I just couldn't get into it all as I had missed the whole season. I think I was living down South at the time. Winning the league is only a good experience if you've been there all season. I suppose a player who'd been a bench warmer might feel like he'd been part of it.

I recall sitting in the office working Saturdays with the Rovers updates on the PC, and for the two or three weeks prior to the Berwick game, the Rovers were doing their best to f**k it up by losing all the games.

I went to almost every game that season and it felt utterly fantastic - the season before was my first experience watching Rovers week in week out. My mum was in the Bevvy Park with my sister when Smith scored and said she hadnt heard anything like it. Scenes.

But yes, we did try our best to fck it up. Half of Kirkcaldy going to Brechin to see Scotty Thomson have a blinding game in goals being the lowlight.

I'm a bit late in replying but I remember going to the Brechin game and being really disappointed. Then hoping we would lose the next few games as I was working Saturdays at the time and could only make the Berwick game.

It's pretty much always about money these days.

When Pars were promoted to the SPL a couple of years ago, I recall the board/McGlynn making a big deal of it in terms of lost revenue.

Even though the derby crowds were poor last season, we're still talking approximately 8000 people over two games. That kind of money will take a bit of replacing. Dundee or Falkirk possibly will make up the numbers, but I wouldn't like to have to count on it.

It isn't necessarily the crowd that has come in the past that we'll be losing out on. There's a huge chance that had Dunfermline been in the league, they not only would have started minus 10, but also majorly struggled in the 1st Division. Under those circumstances, I'd be stunned if they brought any more than 5/600 to Stark's for a game (remember the rumour was around 800 for the last game until we bribed them with the offer of getting anything above 2000)

If we can't match that from games against Dundee, then there's something going far wrong. Alternatively, we could try getting 1 round further in the cup.

Derbies had lost a bit of their shine this season. A few years break from them and we'll all be back raring to go. It is a financial loss but we've dealt with it before, we'll deal with it again

You lady boys would'nt know a derby if it smacked you in the pus.

There is only one Fife derby worth a shit and thats us against your manky lot. Always has been always will be. Ask yer dad!

:ph34r:

Hearts would pack the North Stand twice!

On the radio tonight they reported the SPL won't be giving Hearts a points deduction yet, so they won't be filling the North Stand just yet.

Derbies had lost a bit of their shine this season. A few years break from them and we'll all be back raring to go. It is a financial loss but we've dealt with it before, we'll deal with it again

You lady boys would'nt know a derby if it smacked you in the pus.

There is only one Fife derby worth a shit and thats us against your manky lot. Always has been always will be. Ask yer dad!

:ph34r:

If only youse weren't so shit.