The New Raith Rovers Thread

I don't like it, probably an age thing but i'd always want to see the Rovers play in blue as their main colour.

If I still did stuff like actually buy a new strip every season I would protest and not buy one this year. But I don't, so I doubt its a big loss to the club.

I don't like the rather odd V neck bit :( It reminds me of West Brom.

Other than that, thumbs up from me. I also like the return to O'Connells as sponsor. As daft as this is going to sound, it's a much better looking logo and it blends in nicely with the shirt.

Agree re the sponsor. I hated kittys/kandys on the last strip and was the reason I never bought it.

I think this new strip is going to be very popular.

The twitter pic shows it off best it looks like this is a mock up and the finnished ones will look a bit better. The collar is a bit weird (pretty sure it is from an old italy kit) and the hoops should be a bit thicker but other than these minor points it does look good. I can see the point of view of folk who want a navy home shirt but its only going to be for one season and the novelty factor might shift a few more shirts than usual

Just to add it looks like this seasons shorts and socks so it might well be an all white kit which would look better.

Edited by pub car king

I would o liked a puma version of this one.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

My first ever Rovers strip that old Bukta one! Loved that strip.

I do like the new strip too though,

Does anyone remember the name of the player who hogged the celebrations after game when we won the 2nd division in 2003? If I recall correctly he barely had anything to do with game or even the season, not that you would know it when he face was in the papers the next day.

The reason I bring it up it reminds me of John Terry tonight (and the champions league last season). Not playing in the game but lifting the trophy anyway, in full kit!

Does anyone remember the name of the player who hogged the celebrations after game when we won the 2nd division in 2003? If I recall correctly he barely had anything to do with game or even the season, not that you would know it when he face was in the papers the next day.

The reason I bring it up it reminds me of John Terry tonight (and the champions league last season). Not playing in the game but lifting the trophy anyway, in full kit!

JAVIER MAS was the guy. Made one substitute appearance for us at the start of the season.

Found fame by adding CHERANO to the end of his name - or not!

Alvaro Valdes. Played one half against Brechin and got sent off (was the 3rd last game or something) - then was going mental when we won the league.

That last game of the season against Berwick - where we won 1-0, with an 85th minute goal from Andy Smith and won the league - was the only game I attended that season. At the end of the game, my pals and I half-heartedly jumped the wall onto the pitch, then stood there briefly before going back into the stand, in the shitest pitch invasion ever. I just couldn't get into it all as I had missed the whole season. I think I was living down South at the time. Winning the league is only a good experience if you've been there all season. I suppose a player who'd been a bench warmer might feel like he'd been part of it.

I recall sitting in the office working Saturdays with the Rovers updates on the PC, and for the two or three weeks prior to the Berwick game, the Rovers were doing their best to f**k it up by losing all the games.

Edited by Scary Bear

That last game of the season against Berwick - where we won 1-0, with an 85th minute goal from Andy Smith and won the league - was the only game I attended that season. At the end of the game, my pals and I half-heartedly jumped the wall onto the pitch, then stood there briefly before going back into the stand, in the shitest pitch invasion ever. I just couldn't get into it all as I had missed the whole season. I think I was living down South at the time. Winning the league is only a good experience if you've been there all season. I suppose a player who'd been a bench warmer might feel like he'd been part of it.

I recall sitting in the office working Saturdays with the Rovers updates on the PC, and for the two or three weeks prior to the Berwick game, the Rovers were doing their best to f**k it up by losing all the games.

I went to almost every game that season and it felt utterly fantastic - the season before was my first experience watching Rovers week in week out. My mum was in the Bevvy Park with my sister when Smith scored and said she hadnt heard anything like it. Scenes.

But yes, we did try our best to fck it up. Half of Kirkcaldy going to Brechin to see Scotty Thomson have a blinding game in goals being the lowlight.

I went to almost every game that season and it felt utterly fantastic - the season before was my first experience watching Rovers week in week out. My mum was in the Bevvy Park with my sister when Smith scored and said she hadnt heard anything like it. Scenes.

But yes, we did try our best to fck it up. Half of Kirkcaldy going to Brechin to see Scotty Thomson have a blinding game in goals being the lowlight.

The match at Stranraer the week after (I think) was worse. We missed a load of chances then from memory they scored due to a short pass back.

That was a long drive home.

Really like the look of the home kit from the official site, although I thought it looked a bit cheap on Matt Elder's tweet. Hard to tell until you see it in the flesh I suppose.

Hadn't noticed the collar until someone pointed it out, not sure I like it. But a big thumbs up from me, overall.

I know there have been calls for bringing backs the hoops over the last decade or so, but it feels like the club have really pulled off a bit of surprise with this one, so well done them.