The New Raith Rovers Thread

You know what I meant but chose to be the clown that only you can be!

You're the gift that keeps on giving.

So east Fife say they're not going to have talks with nacho novo.

Would love to see him back at SP!

Yes he's 34 but think he'd still be good enough at this level. id give him a player/coach role which I think would benefit both parties

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Why would that be beneficial to both parties? As far as i'm aware he hasn't even got any coaching badges. Just because a player is nearing the end of his career doesn't automatically mean that he should be signed in a player/coach role.

You're the gift that keeps on giving.

Why would that be beneficial to both parties? As far as i'm aware he hasn't even got any coaching badges. Just because a player is nearing the end of his career doesn't automatically mean that he should be signed in a player/coach role.

there are a lot of pro's out there with good coaching skills who are in a similar role and looking at getn their badges at a later date. A lot of these guys help coaching the younger guys in the squad or youth teams

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Boy on FanTalk saying Callum Booth (left back) is joining us on loan from Hibs. If true then I'm sure he'll be ahead of Donaldson in terms of 1st team action.

I'd like to think Donaldson will have his chance to make the lb berth his own. Regardless, it's only intelligent to have a bit of full back cover, this way, if Thomson is injured or suspended then Donaldson can play right back and Booth (assuming we do get him on loan) can come in at left back.

Good use of the loan system if true as well, as it means we can get the cover relatively cheap and use our remaining budget on another striker, centre half and left midfielder.

Perfectly reasonable signing. Young and cheap but with plenty of game time under his belt.

I'd agree that we could do with another centre half before a ball is kicked, though. My priority would be a left-sided midfielder. I think we can make do with the defence and the attack that we have as things stand (at a push) but we really need another body in the midfield.

should be a good signing. it gives donaldson competition which will hopefully help his game, aswell as giving us backup at lb other than laurie or dougie. i expect cardle will be signing, just a hunch. i think that would make the squad very competitive in the coming season, although we will ideally have another cb. im optomistic for next season and with the added revenue hopefully the debt goes down.

Still reckon we need to bring in a centre back, a left midfielder and a striker. Obviously finances permitting. Quite disappointed Donaldson will probably be on the bench. Was hoping he'd get a run out this season