The New Raith Rovers Thread

What Mr Begg said in all its stupid glory...

Craig Begg, Kirkcaldy said "With Rangers and now Hearts in trouble, the new SPFL should be looking at Raith Rovers and they way they're spending out with their means. They are an accident waiting to happen and I feel for all the true Rovers fans. Scottish football needs to get real"

I agree most likely a Sevco nugget but he fails to mention Dunfermline being in trouble so outside chance he's a jealous townie

the outside chance is he's a ball begg

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Yep. Bitter Townie with loads to say and nobody listening :lol: Outside bet is it's a 'Beath fan preparing his excuses early.

Sevco Loyal don't talk to the "Rhecord"....allegedly :rolleyes: so, not from there probably.

FAF

The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to believe Booth has been brought in to cover left midfield with Murray of the opinion Cardle will possibly not sign. Could backfire if Cardle does sign as Murray then has the difficult choice to make on who should play at left back.

The lack of talk regarding another CB being brought in is worrying as well.

The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to believe Booth has been brought in to cover left midfield with Murray of the opinion Cardle will possibly not sign. Could backfire if Cardle does sign as Murray then has the difficult choice to make on who should play at left back.

The lack of talk regarding another CB being brought in is worrying as well.

If push came to shove Donaldson can also cover rightback and if very desperate could play at centre half as well

the fact its gone this long without news you would think the targets Murray had ie Cardle/Barrowman etc (depending on rumours) would of made their minds up by now so Im guessing he is having to look at his backup options

If Cardle signs then it just means that we'll be looking good for experience at left back and left midfield. I'm very interested to see who we are linked to up front. We're very short of options there so far with only Spence and Elliot on board. We've been linked to Barrowman but there has been nothing since his holiday. As I said before, I suspect that Dundee have said to Barrowman and Cardle, if you wait we'll be looking at receiving investment and we can offer you terms. Dangerous game for both Rovers and the players depending on which way it works out.

If you belive what's on Fantalk then Dougie Imrie appears to be the main target. Apparently been offered terms with us but holding out for a 2 year deal, wonder if we'll give him what he wants.

Ross Laidlaw is the only player to have been given a two year deal so far. I'd be (mildly) surprised if we offered Imrie one, when it looks like that was basically the issue that meant Mensing left. That said, Imrie is a very capable footballer, if a controversial character, and would give us an excellent option in midfield.

If I had to choose between Imrie and Cardle, finances aside, I think I'd take Imrie.

I'd say Imrie is a lot more direct than Cardle. Cardle has tricks and shuffles but Imrie will make things happen more often in this division despite not being brilliant. Would be a good signing. You lot just need a centre half who isn't 35+ and isn't a borderline psychopath.

What Mr Begg said in all its stupid glory...

Craig Begg, Kirkcaldy said "With Rangers and now Hearts in trouble, the new SPFL should be looking at Raith Rovers and they way they're spending out with their means. They are an accident waiting to happen and I feel for all the true Rovers fans. Scottish football needs to get real"

I agree most likely a Sevco nugget but he fails to mention Dunfermline being in trouble so outside chance he's a jealous townie

Reading the Record is bad enough, but phoning the 'Hotline' just puts the tin hat on it. Craig Begg is full of wind and piss.

Delighted to see that thick Sevco trolls are still absolutely bealling about last summer.

Even if we were spending more this season (which we're not, according to Hutton) the extra money from redistribution would cover it. Still, this sort of nonsense tends to happen when you spend all day reading Rangers Media and licking the front window of your house.

Delighted to see that thick Sevco trolls are still absolutely bealling about last summer.

Even if we were spending more this season (which we're not, according to Hutton) the extra money from redistribution would cover it. Still, this sort of nonsense tends to happen when you spend all day reading Rangers Media and licking the front window of your house.

Its hilarious when you see some on twitter who are seething that he wasn't pulled up about the SFA being corrupt.

Only 15 days to go till it all starts again, cannae wait :-)

Doesn't seem to be a lot coming out about who the other signings are rumoured to be, apart from the usual ones. There must be other guys doing pre-season training with us that haven't been mentioned yet

Raiths so called signing target Andrew Barrowman goes on trial in Holland at Heracles Almelo (Dutch eredivisie). Plays Saturday a match there

Never took that one all that seriously to be honest.

Hopefully we'll be in a better place by the end of the week for signatures. It'd be nice to have squad complete by the time the first friendly rolls around.

Barrowman is one of those players who seems to be highly thought of, but I've never been impressed with. Can't say I'm bothered he won't be signing for us, though i never thought it was plausible anyway.

There's a good 6 minute video on Youtube building up to the final whistle of that game. You can sense the nerves and fear of another 90+ minute equaliser amongst us but the euphoria when the whistle goes is superb.