The New Raith Rovers Thread

You mean Craig Barr?

I'm happy with the signing of Smith. He impressed me a lot when he was at Stirling. He's not scared to put himself about and he also has an eye for goal. On paper, him, Elliot and Spence give us a decent forward line.

If we get Cardle and a decent centre back in we'll have a fairly high quality, if somewhat small, squad.

No, I meant Darren Barr

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Funnily enough I was going to put "get your source to do some sniffing about" but thought it sounded weird.

might come to a dead end if they did lol

Funnily enough I was going to put "get your source to do some sniffing about" but thought it sounded weird.

Just reminds me of when David Moyes was looking at a player called Fanni. The headlines spoke for themselves

Fife Free Press

Call off the Pratt Street Irregulars, we've got confirmation that Cardle is definitely training with the Rovers. He's been offered a contract by us, but he's got options elsewhere (as you'd expect) including down south. Playing a waiting game with that one.

Looking at the other photos attached to that article, I'm not seeing anyone I don't recognise, other than the new youth boys. Good to see that they're involved with the first team right from the beginning, though.

No, I meant Darren Barr

Darren Barr regularly played for Hearts last season and even played for Scotland a few years ago. There is no chance he'd even consider signing for us.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

So if Barr didn't have a club maybe a week before the start of the new season, he wouldn't consider signing for us?

One word:- Pish.

Highly unlikely that we'd be high up on his list of possible clubs admittedly but to state that there is zero chance that he'd sign is a bit daft.

Edited by Andy C

I don't even think it would take until the last day of pre season, players want to stay fit and get involved as quick as possible.

I'd be offering players like darren Barr training for a week or two then put the ball in his court.

The squads starting to shape up quite nicely:

Goalkeepers:

David Mcgurn
Ross Laidlaw

Defenders

Jason Thomson
Callum Booth
Reece Donaldson
Laurie Ellis
Dougie Hill
Grant Murray?
David Bates

Midfielders

Liam Fox
Kevin Moon
Grant Anderson
Ross Callachan
Lewis Vaughan
Liam McCroary
Ross Matthews

Strikers

Calum Elliot
Gordon Smith
Greig Spence
David Robertson

IMO we could to with a left midfielder and another centre back but other than that, i think this could be quite a good season.