The New Raith Rovers Thread

According to Soccerbase we signed him from Bristol City. I don't recall Humphries being that shite. Was he not one of the players involved in the infamous Rape Rovers thing?

IIRC, That was pre season 92/3. Sean Rouse ex Rangers, was training with us, and John Cusick, who was a youngster, an ended at Cowden & East Fife, can't remember who else.

The 1st team was in Ireland at the time.

why as its only a song that was done to raise funds for the club but as no one is interested its raised f**k all.

If no one was interested, it possibly means the song wasn't very good. Being honest - not having a pop - I didn't like it either.

I'm really sorry but that version is brutal. Good idea, best of intentions and all that, but it's painful. The words are wrong too. The Alexander Bros recording is the best and we should play that if any. Let's start a campaign!

I'm really sorry but that version is brutal. Good idea, best of intentions and all that, but it's painful. The words are wrong too. The Alexander Bros recording is the best and we should play that if any. Let's start a campaign!

Great idea, i downloaded their version on itunes. It's from their A Scottish Soldier album.

Ok if thats how the fans feel about it then i will tell the college and all those involved that the hours spent in the studio was a waste of time.That includes john rowbotham [ex ref],marilyn livingston,peter livingston,adam smith college students,tom phillips [raith director],mainy [raith trust],some fifes finest lads,judy hamilton etc etc.Of course some of the words are wrong as we wanted to bring it up to date a wee bit plus theres a drummer,guitarist,accordion player,pipers involved too just to make it a wee bit different.It was done with the best of intentions but when no one supports these sort of things then it is a total waste of time.Just a bit of fun recording a song in recording studios worth 100s of pounds an hour to hire and we got it all for nothing.I will know the next time not to organise anything in fact i have informed some of the directors i am doing no more but that was over another issue.I will say to gordon who does the tannoy to not play the song at future games aswell.No probs.

Edited by BIGQ FAE KDY

I'm not superstitious but the one time we played the old Geordie Munro this season, we pumped the opposition 6-0. It's in the stars I tell you (not the substandard opposition, a sending off and fielding midfielders in defence).

Good to hear about Murray winning manager of the month. Very much deserved.

Ok if thats how the fans feel about it then i will tell the college and all those involved that the hours spent in the studio was a waste of time.That includes john rowbotham [ex ref],marilyn livingston,peter livingston,adam smith college students,tom phillips [raith director],mainy [raith trust],some fifes finest lads,judy hamilton etc etc.Of course some of the words are wrong as we wanted to bring it up to date a wee bit plus theres a drummer,guitarist,accordion player,pipers involved too just to make it a wee bit different.It was done with the best of intentions but when no one supports these sort of things then it is a total waste of time.Just a bit of fun recording a song in recording studios worth 100s of pounds an hour to hire and we got it all for nothing.I will know the next time not to organise anything in fact i have informed some of the directors i am doing no more but that was over another issue.I will say to gordon who does the tannoy to not play the song at future games aswell.No probs.

I haven't heard the song but if those are the ingredients I think I'll save my ears...

Don't be so touchy BigQ, some things just don't work.

Absolute meltdown. Don't be so dramatic, it's not very good no matter what the cause was. Lots of things are the result of hard work but no one likes. Life can be shit, get over it.

The fact the end product hasnt gotten the recognition you feel it deserved doesnt mean the effort isnt appreciated. We have fans like yourself who will try different things to benefit the club and thats to be commended. I dont actually mind it but like the other version I wouldnt go out of my way to buy it.

Great intentions and well meaning noble idea......but it's pish can we at least have crooked jack back please.....