The New Raith Rovers Thread

Folks, I was asked to do a write up on the worst ever Raith XI, so I thought I'd ask for suggestions. Obviously the temptation is to list the majority of Anelka's team, or even Dalziel's, which was arguably worse, but I wouldn't mind a few from different eras.

I've already got a few players in mind, but thought I'd ask yourselves for suggestions.

I think Harvey is our highest ever transfer fee, and presumably he will be forever. Over £200,000 we spent on him. Dross.

I remember Creaney scoring against Hamilton in a midweek game during his spell at Stark's but that's it. I have no good memories about Winter though.

Hibernation thread for this.

Would you be happy working on Christmas day? I`ve done it before and its crap. Everyone enjoying themselves and you`re stuck at work.

It's part of the job if you are a football player. I'd quite happily work Christmas day in return for the 'full-time' hours worked by a footballer.

Sean Killgannon

Mark "Sinkys mate" Humphries :(

These two should make up the left hand side.

I'll support any player in a Rovers shirt who I feel is giving everything that they have. That's why I never supported Kilgannon.

Mark Humphries was literally laughably bad. Me and my pals were in knots after the 15th time that he tried to punt the ball up the wing but yet again conceded a throw in.

Didn't know he was Sinky's pal though.

By and large I'd discount the Anelka era, it kind of makes the exercise so easy it feels like cheating. But yeah, I'd make a special exception for Jack Perry. And possibly for Baroan Tagro, although perhaps he was just the unfortunate victim of an unlucky shirt number.

I don't remember thinking Humphries was as bad as all that, but absolutely everyone assures me that he was, so I might have been mistaken. Mostly I just remember him being sent off one time for a handball actually committed by Shaun Dennis.

Creaney, for whatever reason, wasn't even fit enough or else couldn't be bothered to do the pre-match warm-up. The rest of the squad were running across the pitch from side-to-side (seems to have gone out of fashion, that warm-up), Creaney would fall behind, stop five yards or so from the touchline, turn round and wait for the rest to catch up, then fall behind again.

Ian Harty was a right fanny too, but unfortunately I'd struggle to make out a case for him as a bad enough player to make an all-time eleven.

I was definitely going to include McNeil. Not sure if he really was our worst ever, but given the circumstances, and that performance against the Pars, where appeared literally paralysed by nerves, he'd certainly deserve a spot.

It was the worst goalkeeping performance against Dunfermline since the Raymond Allan shambles before the cup final.

Leaving aside the Anelka duds, the Rovers have been playing the First Division or above for the majority of the time I've been watching them, so unsurprisingly the worst players I've seen pulling on the strip have been in the Second Division. Step forward Sean Kilgannon and Craig Winter in the 'Completely Anonymous' category. Neither did anything really bad. They just did nothing at all. The phrase 'waste of a shirt' was made for these two utterly anonymous footballers. Then there is the has-been category, so step forward Eddie Annand and Scott Crabbe. My pet hate is older footballers who can't just f**k off gracefully, and so, convince themselves they have 'experience' to offer, despite the fact they literally can't run anymore. Paul Hilland and Jed Stirling should be in here too. Not sure what category to file them under.

Harsh to slate duds we had in the top league, when compared to some second division shite that have played for us.

Some of the worst in my time

Crisis McLeod

Scott Wilson

Sean Kilgannon

Eric Ferguson ex Rangers and Pars, no goals in 11 games

Emilio jaconelli

Mitch Bavidge

Allan Blair- the only ones that stick out from Bobby Wilson era, but I am sure there are many more

Guys like;

Warren Hawke, Humphries, etc were made to look shite playing along side quality, and in the top league.