The New Raith Rovers Thread

Was all the wolf whistling at the Annan physio in Cup game acceptable to people on here? Extremely sexist for me, was coming from all over the stand too. Our fans are a disgrace and I'm glad I never took my daughter like I was going to and having to explain people degrading women

I have family members whom I despair at the amount of times I pick them up for saying things like "paki shop" "chinkies" "poofters" "coloured folk". The typical response is that they've always called them that they can't keep up with what "they" should be called; as if that's a legitimate reason for continuing.

paki shop,chinkies i suspect is the norm for vast swathes of the population as opposed to pakistani shop,asian general store,chinese carry out

Was all the wolf whistling at the Annan physio in Cup game acceptable to people on here? Extremely sexist for me, was coming from all over the stand too. Our fans are a disgrace and I'm glad I never took my daughter like I was going to and having to explain people degrading women

Interesting point.

There are a whole raft of reasons why crowds at Starks and other Scottish Football grounds are down, however;

I currently don't attend a lot of games as I have two young kids and Saturdays provide precious family time. That family time is unlikely to be at a Rovers game and a big part of that is the atmosphere that i would be taking them into. This isn't just about racism, homophobia, sexism etc but just the general behaviour and language used by football fans and the treatment of other humans who are ultimately only doing a job.

Banter, wit etc is genuinely fine by me. Blatant abuse and offensive language is not and, sadly, there are numerous examples of that at every game I go to.

I often wonder just how many fans, like me, don't go because of family commitments yet would rarely consider taking the wife and kids for the reasons above.

Interesting point.

There are a whole raft of reasons why crowds at Starks and other Scottish Football grounds are down, however;

I currently don't attend a lot of games as I have two young kids and Saturdays provide precious family time. That family time is unlikely to be at a Rovers game and a big part of that is the atmosphere that i would be taking them into. This isn't just about racism, homophobia, sexism etc but just the general behaviour and language used by football fans and the treatment of other humans who are ultimately only doing a job.

Banter, wit etc is genuinely fine by me. Blatant abuse and offensive language is not and, sadly, there are numerous examples of that at every game I go to.

I often wonder just how many fans, like me, don't go because of family commitments yet would rarely consider taking the wife and kids for the reasons above.

Go to the Main Stand. Most folk there don't say a peep.

True.

Seriously, that's where I go most games these days. If you can find an angle, so that you can see both the goals, without one of those bloody steel pillars obstructing the view, then you're laughing.

Not so many bunnets these days (have that generation died off?) but plenty grey hair.

I've never heard a song in there. Even shouts of abuse are rare.

As part of cost-cutting measures our bear may need re-homed. I'm sure Sammy could light up your half time in the same way Joe Cardle has brightened up your attacking play. He's a bright, furry boy and could probably be trained to carry out a few educational, informative yet entertaining routines promoting multiculturalism and tolerance using only a few simple props.

As part of cost-cutting measures our bear may need re-homed. I'm sure Sammy could light up your half time in the same way Joe Cardle has brightened up your attacking play. He's a bright, furry boy and could probably be trained to carry out a few educational, informative yet entertaining routines promoting multiculturalism and tolerance using only a few simple props.

:lol: Although I was absolute SEETHING at the time, looking back it was hilarious.

Still though, bolt. He's a peedo!*

*joking obviously