The New Raith Rovers Thread

I see we have a new fan group. Will be interesting to see if it takes off and their approach. Please not the Green Brigade no pyro no party nonsense or even worse, a drum...

http://liambarnett2010.wix.com/raithlions

Buses.

The group will be using the train for this match.

If we win the Ramsdens Cup, will Scotrail put on an open top train?

As part of cost-cutting measures our bear may need re-homed. I'm sure Sammy could light up your half time in the same way Joe Cardle has brightened up your attacking play. He's a bright, furry boy and could probably be trained to carry out a few educational, informative yet entertaining routines promoting multiculturalism and tolerance using only a few simple props. And Sammy would go down a treat as well....

Edited by RRFC2711

Not having a pop here, but what's the obsession with giving you and your pals a name to go under? Why not just travel to games with your pals, enjoy the game, few pints and come home without wearing a t-shirt with your name on it?

That's for older fellas like me and you. :D

Providing these groups don't populate themselves with complete idiots and stay out of trouble then I'm all for them. When successful these groups can help increase attendance by friends and relatives joining in and can add a little humour...particularly st away games.

I'm still chuckling at (Big Mike's?) Bionic Hands chant at Dumbarton tbh.:lol:

That's for older fellas like me and you. :D

Providing these groups don't populate themselves with complete idiots and stay out of trouble then I'm all for them. When successful these groups can help increase attendance by friends and relatives joining in and can add a little humour...particularly st away games.

I'm still chuckling at (Big Mike's?) Bionic Hands chant at Dumbarton tbh. :lol:

Still amazes me that people were getting upset because it wasn't a Rovers song. At the end of the day added a bit of a laugh and how often do we hear random songs getting generated at games (see Stellios for various one off attempts at games)

Still amazes me that people were getting upset because it wasn't a Rovers song. At the end of the day added a bit of a laugh and how often do we hear random songs getting generated at games (see Stellios for various one off attempts at games)

:lol: Utterly daft that folk were saying that. The bionic hands one was brilliant. The good the bad and the ugly theme for Allan Walker was fantastic too a few years back.

Bionic Hands is excellent! The fella Mike had more misses than hits at Dumbarton but if Bionic Hands is his brain-child then all power to him.

As for the Raith Lions (would've preferred Rovers Lions myself, there's something odd about Rovers fans referring to the team as "Raith". Like you'll never hear a Partick fan call themselves "Partick", always "Thistle".) it's easy to be negative (See previous parenthesis) but good on the boys for putting a wee bit of effort into something and hopefully making some noise.

If it generates an atmosphere then fair play. I see L.Barnett (his name anyway) is in the link so if he's part of the group then he seems level headed enough to ensure folk aren't setting off flares etc. Agree with Raith Against The Machine in regards to the name - Rovers Lions (albeit still a bit cringworthy) is better than Raith Lions. The name itself makes me think of some kids club that would be ran by Roary Rover.

If it generates an atmosphere then fair play. I see L.Barnett (his name anyway) is in the link so if he's part of the group then he seems level headed enough to ensure folk aren't setting off flares etc. Agree with Raith Against The Machine in regards to the name - Rovers Lions (albeit still a bit cringworthy) is better than Raith Lions. The name itself makes me think of some kids club that would be ran by Roary Rover.

The animal as drawn on the badge isn't a lion, surely. It's more of a demonic horse thing. Or Godzilla.

Edited by renton

Camp horse driving a bus isn't it?

Driving wheel is upside down, unless he (she? it?) is pulling some kind of massive skid. Nah, I always thought it was Godzilla coming up the shore at kirkcaldy prom with the two button mouse of doom.

Yes I have taken this on, there was a bit of criticism going about regards some existing fans' groups so I made the suggestion that we try our own thing, it is not meant to rival anyone I must make clear, simply to see if we can help improve the atmosphere further and if this can take off. It's good to see a bit of debate regarding the idea, I don't think any newly-formed group is going to get backing from absolutely everybody. Our first bus trip as suggested on the site is planning to be the Alloa match in November, there's currently 8 possibly 9 on the bus but I've been re-assured that there should be a lot more by the end of the day today.

Driving wheel is upside down, unless he (she? it?) is pulling some kind of massive skid. Nah, I always thought it was Godzilla coming up the shore at kirkcaldy prom with the two button mouse of doom.

You're maybe giving the horse too much credit - hooves and steering wheels are a deadly combination. I'm seeing more Rod Stewart than Godzilla in profile. Or a compromise - Godzilla singing D'ya Think I'm Sexy?

Yes I have taken this on, there was a bit of criticism going about regards some existing fans' groups so I made the suggestion that we try our own thing, it is not meant to rival anyone I must make clear, simply to see if we can help improve the atmosphere further and if this can take off. It's good to see a bit of debate regarding the idea, I don't think any newly-formed group is going to get backing from absolutely everybody. Our first bus trip as suggested on the site is planning to be the Alloa match in November, there's currently 8 possibly 9 on the bus but I've been re-assured that there should be a lot more by the end of the day today.

I don't see any issue with it. Just because you are forming a new group doesnt mean there is going to be a battle royale with other fans groups. Hope your first trip goes well and remember you arent a proper group without a flag (I suggest a pair of massive hands)