The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd rather we had a packed 20,000 in Easter road with a smaller allocation for ourselves than having empty seats. At the end of the day its better to shift as many tickets as possible.

It wouldn't even be empty seats. It'd be Secvo knuckle draggers in our end which would be worse than empty seats

I know what your getting at, I'd love to get to Starks every week. But unfortunately some of us live down south. I manage about 8 or 9 games a season. I will be buying a ticket for the game. And some of my mates from work are coming too.

Well if you know what I'm getting at you will know I mean the local folk could easily attend 8or9 games a season but go to one or two every couple of years, if that.

7,500 at Hampden in Glasgow for a Semi Final, half probably haven't been to a Raith game since.

I hope the fans living outwith Scotland that want to go can get tickets okay

Well if you know what I'm getting at you will know I mean the local folk could easily attend 8or9 games a season but go to one or two every couple of years, if that.

7,500 at Hampden in Glasgow for a Semi Final, half probably haven't been to a Raith game since.

I hope the fans living outwith Scotland that want to go can get tickets okay

Aye it's a sad state of affairs mate, I'm still proud of the Rovers and I'll try to get to a few more games in future.

Interesting debate

All season there is chat about what we can do to encourage casual/lapsed fans along to Starks. The first sign of a great opportunity and it's a case of bugger them.

This final would have been an ideal opportunity to get 5000 folk along. Even if 200 of those day trippers hung around the rovers would be in a much better position.

If come April we are still in the mix for the play off there will be additional incentive to hang around.

I've never heard of him. Presumably a young Hibs player who has signed on loan?

If he's a centre back, I will be pretty content. Shame he won't be playing against Hibs in the cup if this does materialise and he's decent!

Edited by Michael W

I've never heard of him. Presumably a young Hibs player who has signed on loan?

If he's a centre back, I will be pretty content. Shame he won't be playing against Hibs in the cup if this does materialise and he's decent!

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?277005-Hibs-release-4-players&p=3864554&viewfull=1#post3864554

He's a right-back. Signed from Hearts in the summer and has only played a few games for us.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?277005-Hibs-release-4-players&p=3864554&viewfull=1#post3864554

He's a right-back. Signed from Hearts in the summer and has only played a few games for us.

Thanks for this.

It would be quite odd if we signed a right back given our captain and one of our best players plays there. We also have cover from Donaldson, and I'd say it's more centre back where we're lacking at the moment.

In saying that, I wouldn't be too surprised if we did aign someone from Hibs. Butcher isn't hanging around and is offloading the dross ASAP. Again, this is a shame for us!

Yeh the new SPFL rules state you can only loan 1 player from the same club, unless a emergency 30 day loan.

But butcher is on the rampage with getting boys out so he can bring players in. Youth, and fringe players taking the brunt, Ross Caldwell is next on hit list Aparantly.

Thanks for this.

It would be quite odd if we signed a right back given our captain and one of our best players plays there. We also have cover from Donaldson, and I'd say it's more centre back where we're lacking at the moment.

In saying that, I wouldn't be too surprised if we did aign someone from Hibs. Butcher isn't hanging around and is offloading the dross ASAP. Again, this is a shame for us!

Well, it could be that Murray wants Donaldson to cover for Watson at centre back?

I didn't realise this. What a completely bizarre and pointless rule.

Not so much of an issue for us this season but we'd have struggled under McGlynn without our multiple Hearts and Dundee United signings.

It seems Mullen might be a straight replacement for McCann. At least it might mean that Donaldson can play centre back this weekend.

Apparently that Hibs forum saying Mullen was released so same loan clubs wouldn't be a problem. Maybe Murray has a secret passion for right backs in the same way John McGlynn loved center midfielders.

"Biggest game for the club in 10 years? What this needs is more centre midfielders......"

Well, it could be that Murray wants Donaldson to cover for Watson at centre back?

It could be, but Donaldson is flexible across the back four. We don't know on the information we have that Mullen can play anywhere other than right back, so it's only Jason Thomson he'd be likely to replace.

The whole point of re-calling Donaldson back early was to drop Ellis from the side, as he's been one of our weakest links this season, therefore why would he then play Donaldson right back to replace Thomson this week, just to add Ellis right back into the squad...wouldn't make sense when we're needing to get back to winning ways and the best chance of that is having a strong back-four as laidlaws not exactly reliable.

Changing the subject slightly, Stuart Anderson and Allan Walker have been released by Brechin. As in let go with nowhere to go. Don't let the door hit you on the way out type thing. That's worked out well eh?

Stuart Anderson was a tap boi. Quite gutted for him.