The New Raith Rovers Thread

Pre-season has tended to bump up optimism in the past. You're right about Watson, who scored an own goal against Hearts. Ironically, after being pumped 5-0 pre-season by them we more than merited a win when we met them in the cup.

As for East Fife, I'd happily play them in a friendly but not competitively. It'd be typical for Allan Walker to volley in a 96th minute wonder goal to end out 25 year unbeaten run which causes their fans no end of grief.

What? East Fife beating us? No chance. We gave them enough chances in the past of beating us, and still couldn't manage it! :lol:

What? East Fife beating us? No chance. We gave them enough chances in the past of beating us, and still couldn't manage it! :lol:

Exactly. Remember, even Wullie Gray's team of superstars couldn't beat our team of juniors (can't remember his exact quote, but something to do with signing a player from Edinburgh University, I think)

"that shows you their ambition, signing players from the juniors...I cant wait to go to Starks Park next year and give them a doing"

To win the league that season and take 10 points off EF along the way was rather fun.

Exactly. Remember, even Wullie Gray's team of superstars couldn't beat our team of juniors (can't remember his exact quote, but something to do with signing a player from Edinburgh University, I think)

Andy Cook was decent too and I'm fairly certain that he ended up playing for EF.

I don't think East Fife will beat us again in my lifetime, probably about another 70 years. A wee cup tie against them would be good though so we can give them yet another skelping.

Talking about friendlies, Boro had an agreement to play the winners of the Ramsdens Cup two years ago so played at Falkirk in preseason but didn't play last year against QOS because they didn't want to play on a plastic pitch. Hopefully they'll get that arrangement going again and play Rovers this summer, although no idea when it would be announced.

Talking about friendlies, Boro had an agreement to play the winners of the Ramsdens Cup two years ago so played at Falkirk in preseason but didn't play last year against QOS because they didn't want to play on a plastic pitch. Hopefully they'll get that arrangement going again and play Rovers this summer, although no idea when it would be announced.

Looks like it's not going to happen unfortunately.

It's already been announced that we will not be playing Middlesbrough in pre-season this year either.

Not really sure why theres any debate about a "glamour" tie, having Scottish Cup holding, European regular, top 5 best side in the Country St Johnstone should really be enough to wet the appetite

Whet, sunshine.

Funnily enough I had that then changed it. Strange how often things go wrong when I try and be smart. Almost as if theres some connection

I can't be the only one who couldn't care less about not playing Middlesborough?

Bland written all over it, that one. Get us an interesting away friendly sorted out!

IIRC Falkirk got bleached in the only tie to date, so to play Middlesborough would hardly inspire confidence in the squad.

I can't be the only one who couldn't care less about not playing Middlesborough?

Bland written all over it, that one. Get us an interesting away friendly sorted out!

They were never going to pull in much more of a crowd anyway, but they're less bland than the giant bland sack of blandness that we're playing so far. At least it would break up the somewhat predictable pattern of friendlies.

A friendly somewhere south of Birmingham will do nicely, however. :)

The Falkirk Middlesbrough friendly happened just after Euro 2012.

In every game of that tournament, the cameras, without fail, would pick out some stunning female fan in the crowd.

Alba must have been trying something similar, but their camera could only spot an obese Falkirk supporting dumpling, who was managing to spill all the mince filling of her pie, down her XXL Falkirk top.

Not quite the same.