The New Raith Rovers Thread

I am assuming that most of those goals were scored whilst playing in U20's as Wiki doesn't credit him with being prolific.

I would assume so ! Thats part of the reason i dislike "Youtube Players" or whatever you wish to call them ... You can make anyone look good using 5% good footage cut away from the 95% crap ... However still gives an idea he seems pacey and two footed, Stewart's pace has been something thats worked well Vs the PT defenses this season so far, be nice to have 2 pacey lads !

I am assuming that most of those goals were scored whilst playing in U20's as Wiki doesn't credit him with being prolific.

I would assume so ! Thats part of the reason i dislike "Youtube Players" or whatever you wish to call them ... You can make anyone look good using 5% good footage cut away from the 95% crap ... However still gives an idea he seems pacey and two footed, Stewart's pace has been something thats worked well Vs the PT defenses this season so far, be nice to have 2 pacey lads !

Scored 3 in 18 games for Morton last season.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/barrie-mckay/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/208934

Yo Rovers - glad you seem to have learned from your recent footballing lesson at East End.

I'm sure it will have been well covered on here but if you've not got a copy of "Unthinkable" then you are missing out. It really is a decent read - coming from a non-Rovers fan's perspective it's a cracking behind-the-scenes tale of the unlikely rise to prominence of a wee team. The input of all the players and coaches lifts the lid on so much stuff that fans don't normally see.

If, like me, you've endured boring club history books and have been put off then fear not - I've found it quite hard to put down.

I've just got a couple of chapters left and I have a feeling I know how how it's going to end!

Watching tennis just now and these guys are playing intense tennis for sometimes 4 or 5 hours in roasting humid conditions. Several of our players are usually blowing out their arses after an hour or so of football. Goes to show the level of fitness possible if you really want it!

Laughing aside, does anyone know what our general training regime each day/week and how long the players are actually in training for in an average week? Obviously world class players are earning hundreds of thousands a week so in their interest to be super fit but you look at the six packs and muscles on most of the guys in top league down South and then look at Scottish league players in general, no contest. Same job, same hours in a week to work on it, why such the massive difference? Facilities? Techniques? Or are the top guys just working harder on it?

Wasn't getting the use of the Michael Woods center not supposed to take our training to the "next level" ? I remember reading some quote along that line LOL .... For the full time lads though (pretty much everyone if im not mistaken ?) they really should be training 5 days a week, and for at least 6 hours a day ... Highly doubt they are at that level, but it is their "job" at the end of the day so i don't see why they shouldn't be that intense ...

For the full time lads though (pretty much everyone if im not mistaken ?) they really should be training 5 days a week, and for at least 6 hours a day ...

Are you actually serious? They'd be absolutely fcuking wiped out come Saturday at 3pm.

Watching tennis just now and these guys are playing intense tennis for sometimes 4 or 5 hours in roasting humid conditions. Several of our players are usually blowing out their arses after an hour or so of football. Goes to show the level of fitness possible if you really want it!

Laughing aside, does anyone know what our general training regime each day/week and how long the players are actually in training for in an average week? Obviously world class players are earning hundreds of thousands a week so in their interest to be super fit but you look at the six packs and muscles on most of the guys in top league down South and then look at Scottish league players in general, no contest. Same job, same hours in a week to work on it, why such the massive difference? Facilities? Techniques? Or are the top guys just working harder on it?

I don't know the general routine but I frequently go to the Michael woods at lunchtimes for a game of fives or for a swim and they are finished training at around 1230. I don't know when they start or if they do other football related stuff in the afternoon.

As for Barry Mackay, when I told the guy sitting next to me at work (rangers fan) that we signed him he was proper annoyed at first and described him as a great wee player. He relaxed when he researched the deal to find he would be unavailable against Rangers.

I thought there were rules against loaning players in the same league?

For what it's worth players should be in from 10-4 Monday to Friday with a day off. They should be doing strength and conditioning, 'classroom' based tactics and studying of opponents. They should be given dietary plans and monitored to see if they follow this.

People always complain about our players being lightweight, a couple of weights sessions as week and this would improve thing drastically.

It's not all about running.

Are you actually serious? They'd be absolutely fcuking wiped out come Saturday at 3pm.

How so ? There are various different types of training that the players can be doing ... Its not exactly like i said "they should be doing 6 hours of sprints every single day 5 days a week" ?

Training can differ from fitness, ball control, set pieces whether its attacking or defending, free kicks, penalty's, general drills, spin classes, swimming, learning about nutrition and how their diets should be, gym work whether its cardio or weight training or even something as simple as stretch training to improve flexibility and help delay muscle fatigue ? There are hundreds of different ways players can improve their health, fitness, physique, diet & nutrition that can all be put into a structure where it sees them do heavier sprint/drilled type training from mon-wed with a odd day off and more simpler, less fitness based gym/diet/stretch work at the end of the week ...

Edited by ADMO