The New Raith Rovers Thread

Are you prepared to name any relevant centres of population I've selectively omitted?

If I havent been comprehensive enough to include every croft, but and ben and places a 100 miles from Dingwall like Durness Wick and Thurso and so forth I'd be interested to know how many fans you think travel down to Victoria Park from these places on a Saturday.

That's the thing though. These people get behind their team. We unfortunately have a team of dross. But there is more to do in a Saturday in our neck of the woods than some crofter in the back of beyond. So football is a good outlet for them. Just not for us.

If you look at the teams that have traditionally been around us in the First Division in the old days then Rovers I would say are pretty much performing as expected. Doing better than some, worse than others.

Partick, Hamilton, St Johnstone and St Mirren are all the league above us.

Falkirk, Queen of South, Livingston are in our league

Dunfermline, Morton, Ayr, Stirling and Clyde are all in leagues below us.

And we're currently above all the teams in our league. I generally don't understand the angst.

If you look at the teams that have traditionally been around us in the First Division in the old days then Rovers I would say are pretty much performing as expected. Doing better than some, worse than others.

Partick, Hamilton, St Johnstone and St Mirren are all the league above us.

Falkirk, Queen of South, Livingston are in our league

Dunfermline, Morton, Ayr, Stirling and Clyde are all in leagues below us.

And we're currently above all the teams in our league. I generally don't understand the angst.

Yeah I'm with you. I would be expecting this kind of inquest if we were languishing in league 1.

This is where we are in the grand scheme if things. Occasionally-very occasionally- we will flirt with promotion but more often than not we will be a mid-to-lower championship side.

And given what happened at this club just 10 years ago, I'm really ok with this.

Beachbum maintains that because of their remote rural location Ross County are a bigger club than us. I find that laughable.

I also find laughable the birdbrains on here who squawk at the prospect of having to take in more than two or three bits of information in the same post. Sometimes in debate or discussion it is necessary to go into detail. The question of who are peer clubs are based on potential fan base is relevant. In that respect we're comparable to clubs like St Johnstone, Caley Thistle and some of the other clubs listed. If we're satisfied with beating part time clubs from small towns we deserve to be their peers.

Beachbum maintains that because of their remote rural location Ross County are a bigger club than us. I find that laughable.

I also find laughable the birdbrains on here who squawk at the prospect of having to take in more than two or three bits of information in the same post. Sometimes in debate or discussion it is necessary to go into detail. The question of who are peer clubs are based on potential fan base is relevant. In that respect we're comparable to clubs like St Johnstone, Caley Thistle and some of the other clubs listed. If we're satisfied with beating part time clubs from small towns we deserve to be their peers.

If we are going down that road, we are also comparable to Ayr Utd and Morton. Wouldn't swap places with them.

If we are going down that road, we are also comparable to Ayr Utd and Morton. Wouldn't swap places with them.

Its not much of a comfort being better than two clubs which have nosedived. But I wouldnt bet against their teams giving us a hard game if we met them.

Edited by Big Berk

Eh? I questioned you comparing Ross County with Burntisland because it wasn't like for like ie their respective catchment areas and the wealth in Ross County's boardroom. I never said that Ross County were 'a bigger club than us'.

Conversing with you is painful so shut the f**k up.

What is your definition of a big club and who would you compare us to in Scotland as a closest comparison?

Eh? I questioned you comparing Ross County with Burntisland because it wasn't like for like ie their respective catchment areas and the wealth in Ross County's boardroom. I never said that Ross County were 'a bigger club than us'.

Conversing with you is painful so shut the f**k up.

Eh? I compared DINGWALL's population with Burntisland's. Your response was to claim that Ross County "have the whole of the North of Scotland as a fan base", which I took some trouble to point out was nonsense and nowhere near ours, and along with "Ross County have millionaires on their board" challenged my belief that Rovers should be capable of matching them as a club. The pain is mutual.

And since you're the one who challenged a perfectly reasonable statement as a 'joke' in the first place its you that should 'shut the f**k up'.

Edited by Big Berk

Eh? I compared DINGWALL's population with Burntisland's. Your response was to claim that Ross County "have the whole of the North of Scotland as a fan base", which I took some trouble to point out was nonsense and nowhere near ours, and along with "Ross County have millionaires on their board" challenged my belief that Rovers should be capable of matching them as a club. The pain is mutual.

And since you're the one who challenged a perfectly reasonable statement as a 'joke' you're the one who should 'shut the f**k up'.

That is utter crap. Here is what you really said:

If Ross County can do it from a town thats smaller than Burntisland theres no reason why we shouldnt be.

Yer a total and utter jumped up dummy f**k wit of a man now go and f**k off instead of always trying to have the last word.

That is utter crap. Here is what you really said:

If Ross County can do it from a town thats smaller than Burntisland theres no reason why we shouldnt be.

Yer a total and utter jumped up dummy f**k wit of a man now go and f**k off instead of always trying to have the last word.

From a TOWN thats smaller than Burntisland. Well, true or not? You've twisted 'Dingwall has a population similart Burntisland' to make out that I'm saying 'Ross County have a fan base similar to the population of Burntisland' . Every club has a surrounding support, as you made a big play on, even if its but and bens and farmsteads (70,000 - WTF?).

Now, where are these towns containing numbers of Ross County supporters that I 'selectively' omitted? If the jumped up dummy fuckwit isnt yourself name them. If you're able you can have the last word.

Edited by Big Berk

From a TOWN thats smaller than Burntisland. Well, true or not? You've twisted 'Dingwall has a population similart Burntisland' to make out that I'm saying 'Ross County have a fan base similar to the population of Burntisland' . Every club has a surrounding support, as you made a big play on, even if its but and bens and farmsteads (70,000 - WTF?).

Now, where are these towns containing numbers of Ross County supporters that I 'selectively' omitted? If the jumped up dummy fuckwit isnt yourself name them. If you're able you can have the last word.

I like it when you call people "Kunts" like Krusty the Clown would if The Simpsons was x-rated.

I like it when you call people "Kunts" like Krusty the Clown would if The Simpsons was x-rated.

And why not? ;-)

After all A berk is Cockney rhyming slang for c**t, Berkham hunt....kunt.

's obvious innit ;-)

Edited to add since the last census there has been a wheen of new houses built in and around Dingwall, a workmate of mine has suggested the current population of the area to be over 10,000. Not a metropolis by any means but bigger than Burntisland, and Kinghorn and Aberdour put together for that.

Edited by Scottydog