The New Raith Rovers Thread

I didn't say we could win it, what I said is we could well have had a chance to get to the quarter finals playing solely part-time teams, like Falkirk and Hibs do. And even at that, they both have a chance of a further part-time team in the quarters. And if you don't get the part-timers, you get TV.

And yet we have people creaming their drawers because we might get 3,000 punters worth of money and TV cash from a last 16 game with Sevco. It was a fucking awful draw, not the worst, but far from the best.

An awful draw would have been getting the likes of ICT, St Johnstone, Falkirk or QoS away. Probable defeat and no money.

Still think we'll see a crowd over 10000 at this game.

I'm non plussed about this draw. It's opposite ends of the spectrum. Gives us a bit of cash. Or one of the lesser sides that would have gave us a good chance at progressing.

We should just all be glad we avoided the likes of Queens and Falkirk which wouldn't have ticked either box.

When did Rangers last get under 10,000 at Ibrox for a Scottish Cup game, or any cup game for that matter?

By the way they are rank rotten why are we afraid of them if the paper team turns up we will beat them….Greg SPENCE just pumped them...

I flicked over and saw that it was 70 minutes gone and it was 2-0. Heading for a standard Rangers win. Nothing to see here. Flicked back over later and it was 3-2 Alloa. Must have been some finish by Alloa.

Surely today's result spells the end of Grant Murray's reign as Raith Rovers manager? 80-odd minutes with 10 men or not, the group of players we have should be performing better than losing 5 goals at home to a side bottom of the league, without an away win in the league all season. I could almost understand the goals against today if we had left 3 at the back, but to take off an attacking option to, presumably, shore up the defence and still lose five goals is an absolute joke. In my last post on the mater, I suggested it might be time for a change of management, after today I feel it definitely is. It's game over for Murray for me.

Surely today's result spells the end of Grant Murray's reign as Raith Rovers manager? 80-odd minutes with 10 men or not, the group of players we have should be performing better than losing 5 goals at home to a side bottom of the league, without an away win in the league all season. I could almost understand the goals against today if we had left 3 at the back, but to take off an attacking option to, presumably, shore up the defence and still lose five goals is an absolute joke. In my last post on the mater, I suggested it might be time for a change of management, after today I feel it definitely is. It's game over for Murray for me.

You would think. I imagine the only thing that's saving him is our board wanting to save face, after giving him a 3 year contract little over a year ago. Even allowing for that he should go. I suppose the early sending off of that no-user Perry could be thrown in as mitigating circumstances. 5-1 though.

I wasn't even there and I'm raging; absolutely livid.

with his managerial skills he would probably go out to get chips and come home with a fucking sandcastle

He'd come back with the same puddings he always buys, despite them being shite, because of his inability to pick something different. Nevertheless, he'd take positives from the same old crap he is served up week in, week out.

What a horrendous post match interview ... Its the refs fault we lost he cost us as we should have had 2 penatlys & Livi should have had 10 men ... We went for it and where just unlucky ...

Followed by the words (along these lines): "we will see a reaction from the players like we do with every defeat" ... Really ? Must have missed this ...

Does he do these interviews just to piss us fans off and show us how clueless he really is ?

Edited by ADMO

What a horrendous post match interview ... Its the refs fault we lost he cost us as we should have had 2 penatlys & Livi should have had 10 men ... We went for it and where just unlucky ...

Followed by the words (along these lines): "we will see a reaction from the players like we do with every defeat" ... Really ? Must have missed this ...

Does he do these interviews just to piss us fans off and show us how clueless he really is ?

I give up.

What penalties should we have had? I can't even remember a single appeal.

I might go to Dumbarton next week now. Can't wait to see the players reaction to this latest defeat.

Dear Santa

For Christmas this year can you bring my favourite football club a new manager please?

I give up.

What penalties should we have had? I can't even remember a single appeal.

I might go to Dumbarton next week now. Can't wait to see the players reaction to this latest defeat.

Dear Santa

For Christmas this year can you bring my favourite football club a new manager please?

He seemed to have said Nade being brought down should have been a penalty ... Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought Nade was well outside the box ! ...