The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anyway, as far as the team goes - no, we shouldn't be overreacting to three wins any more than we should have been doing so to the winless run. But the record over the season against teams outwith the big three now reads: P14 W8 D2 L4. That's not too bad.

We're pretty much safe from relegation already - the league is more stretched this season and a lower total than usual will see you safe - so from that point of view, rather than the mere fact of the three wins, the pressure should be off the management for the rest of the season and we can take stock in the summer. I doubt we'll finish fourth, and we wouldn't be going up even if we do, but we probably do need to keep some of this momentum going between now and May. If we end up going off the boil again and stumbling back to an 8th place finish it'd be hard to look forward to another season under Murray with much enthusiasm.

Three wins in a row is not something that happens on a regular basis for Rovers, so we are performing well. I can see our usual 6th or 7th placed finish. Livi are finished, and Cowdenbeath and Alloa are no great shakes. Falkirk and QoS are better than us, so that should leave us dueling it out with Dumbarton for 6th place.

The problem we have is that apart from that one season where we challenged for the title with Dunfermline, this has been our finishing position since 2009-10 season.

2009-10 7th

2010-11 2nd

2011-12 7th

2012-13 6th

2013-14 7th

2014-15 probably 6th or 7th

In some respects, it's probably easier to keep fans interested if you're a yo-yo team.

That was the serious answer! Short of rebuilding the stadium, what can be done? Think cost neutral, value engineering, blue sky thinking, all that bollocks.

Point taken.

And I don't mean to piss on any chips if anyone does have any good ideas. But I incline to the view that football supporters will behave pretty much as football supporters do, and Stark's Park, unfortunately, is too lop-sided and spread out for the support we have to be able to build the critical mass necessary to get things going for run-of-the-mill games. Lots of people will chant / sing if people around them are doing so, few of us are cheerleaders. You need that critical mass.

Speaking with one of my work colleagues and we're wondering who the last Rovers player was that scored a hat trick for us? By my reckoning it's Baird with 3 first half goals at home to Partick several seasons ago in the opening game of the season.Has there been anyone since then?

Brian Graham also scored a hat trick in his last game for us in a 3-2 win away to Livi, where we conceded an equaliser in the 90th minute then he went up the park and 'megged' the keeper right after it in injury time to win the game. I'm sure he scored all 3 that day.. I could be wrong though.

Nah Grant Anderson scored that day and Graham got two, Granty put us 1-0 I think but could be wrong on that.

Nah Grant Anderson scored that day and Graham got two, Granty put us 1-0 I think but could be wrong on that.

Correct, it was all the more pleasing that the stadium announcer had an orgasm when they equalised and sounded like he was heading for a hot bath and the Wilkinson when Graham scored the winner.

Some of our current forwards may struggle to score 3 goals before the end of the season, never mind in one game.

Its quite funny how we have 3 main strikers in the team this season.. And it looks like our two wingers ( Anderson and Conroy) are going to finish our top two scorers. They're the only two i even consider likely to score nowadays..

Anybody got any idea when the tickets for the cup game go on sale again?

they went on sale on saturday, and went on sale again last night (tuesday)

that was the only two dates specicifed on the websites post. i'd imagine you could

walk into the office at starks during opening times and buy tickets or Phone during office hours.

http://www.raithrovers.net/17885/ticket-sales-to-rangers-supporters.htm

Rovers clearly worried that Rangers might go bust before we play them in the league. Rangers tickets for the game are only being sold by the Rovers.

Wise move. Don't want non-payment issues like we used to get from the Pars on a regular basis.