The New Raith Rovers Thread

The club website has posted an interview with Maurice Malpas.

Starts off a bit This is Your Life but switches to his role at Starks Park. Decent insight particularly how involved Murray was in the discussions.

Loved the guy doing the interview treading round eggshells with how he positioned his questions :lol:

In our run through of what we were going to talk to before the camera was switched on it was made apparent that Malpas is of an era that the younger generation aren't that familiar with - he told a story of a training session at Hibs with academy teenagers who'd never heard of George Best and didn't know what the Cruyff turn is.... hence the extended conversation about his goal v Rovers in '87 (one of my first games as a serious Rovers supporter aged 16).

Went the 'eggshell route' as MM is an interviewee that we don't want to brass off - might want to speak to him again in the future ;-) That, and the fact that meeting your heroes is not great for the nerves :-))

Quite informative interview I thought. He is never going to come on and criticise our current regime or undermine our management team.

He was honest enough to admit any time he watched us this season before he arrived that we were woeful, I presume he will have plenty videos of the horror shows he missed and see the problems. By emphasising the importance of results on a Saturday then clearly he is struggling in his job if we continue to play to the level of the part time teams while our squad is larger and earning more money than them.

While Murray being punted was my preferred choice (still is) Malpas will surely help improve matters, just hope it isn't another thing to cover up the cracks. If Murray still isn't getting the most from his players come summer then I really really hope we have the balls to get shot of him. Would need a pretty spectacular end to the season for me to be happy having Murray in charge next season

In our run through of what we were going to talk to before the camera was switched on it was made apparent that Malpas is of an era that the younger generation aren't that familiar with - he told a story of a training session at Hibs with academy teenagers who'd never heard of George Best and didn't know what the Cruyff turn is.... hence the extended conversation about his goal v Rovers in '87 (one of my first games as a serious Rovers supporter aged 16).

Went the 'eggshell route' as MM is an interviewee that we don't want to brass off - might want to speak to him again in the future ;-) That, and the fact that meeting your heroes is not great for the nerves :-))

Yeah I thought it was a really good interview. Couldn't have been easy.

I've said before that over the last few years we really have upped the game in regards to online content.

Listening to the interview with Malpas, the "football pervert", at the minute. He comes across well when you listen to him talking about his career. He really is a legend of the game. What a career. He's in the same ball park as Dave Narey, although Dave Narey gave us a season of actual football, so he still wins there.

Edited by Scary Bear

f**k going there. I really wouldn't ever consider going to Ibrox to see us play, it must be the least enjoyable away day in the league.

If we win I'm sure it would be quite enjoyable. I'll definitely be going on the slim possibility of that happening. If we lose I'll console myself with some decent Glasgow pubs (ones nowhere near Ibrox to be fair)

Tade has cancelled his Cluj contract. Him and Nade up front? We can but dream....

Weird one, I know he hadn't featured all that much for them last year, but he was banging them in recently (I think,anyway - we were all drunk when we were looking this up in the pub)