The New Raith Rovers Thread

His agent asked if he could come in for a trial, Potter agreed he could.

He never offered him any terms ergo he had no interest in signing him, I'm genuinely not sure at what point you're mind starts to struggle because it seems pretty easy to follow.

More pish from the Pars very own tiresome little cnut,

Read this from your very own local paper then f**k off.

I imagine the plan before the season started was:

2014/15: Cuthbert playing, McGurn on bench, Laidlaw out on loan.
2015/16: Cuthbert playing, Laidlaw on bench, McGurn released.

I can understand any manager's desire to have their first choice keeper in for every training session, but with the way McGurn keeps playing, it'd be madness to change it.

Based on the performance of all three this season McGurn is the clear candidate for number one. I would keep Cuthbert but he won't want to be number two, so perhaps we'll keep Laidlaw for a wee while yet.

McGurn is just outstanding. His reflexes in order to save point blank shots just amazes me. We are definitely more solid with him (and Dougie) on the pitch.

We didn't play overly badly today, didn't expect anything other than a defeat. So when Nade pops up with the equaliser, it was brilliant.

I think Laidlaw will be kept as he is very highly thought of.

Either Cuthbert or McGurn more likely to go I'd say.

Given how great the wich has been this season we'd be bonkers not to offer him another contract.

I think Laidlaw will be kept as he is very highly thought of.

Either Cuthbert or McGurn more likely to go I'd say.

Given how great the wich has been this season we'd be bonkers not to offer him another contract.

Laidlaw is far too error prone and Cuthbert was unconvincing in his spell in the team. I'd offload both of them in the summer.

Murray being Murray it'll no doubt be McGurn that goes.

Laidlaw would have progressed well with a solid defence in front of him, but.....

Personally I think Cuthbert should be the one to go.

In the end it doesn't matter what any of us on here think and as I said earlier Laidlaw is very well thought of down at the club so I'd doubt it'll be him that goes, but then again things change.

Laidlaw would have progressed well with a solid defence in front of him, but.....

Personally I think Cuthbert should be the one to go.

In the end it doesn't matter what any of us on here think and as I said earlier Laidlaw is very well thought of down at the club so I'd doubt it'll be him that goes, but then again things change.

As a young man, yes, he comes across pretty well.

As a goalkeeper at this level I think.a decision has already been made. His last spell in the team was very unconvincing especially his capitulation at ibrox.

I also think one of the other keepers will leave, just not sure what one.

Laidlaw has some confidence issues, but he has all the attributes that could make for a good 'keeper, and he's several years younger than (say) McGurn was when he finally nailed down a regular first team spot. If we let him go it's entirely possible that three or five years down the line he'll be an excellent 'keeper for someone else. Be a pity if that happens.

The RRFC 200 Club will be open for anyone who is not able to make it through to Glasgow next Sunday for the Scottish Cup game against Rangers.

Kick off - 15:00.

The club will be open to all from midday and the game will be shown on the three screens.

Hope to see you there!

That's the one thing that's really lacking from Rovers - youth development. It would be nice to see us bringing through more Colin Cameron and Shaun Dennis types. Maybe Callachan/Callag - who fucking cares, he's not done anything remotely worth remembering his name for - will make it, but he's the only one who even vaguely looks like cementing a place in the first team.

Our youth development is poor.

Still, here we are, so hopefully the Hearts youth can do the business for us.

Our youth development has always been poor. It is a total myth that once upon a time we produced a crop of good players. Cameron is very much the exception. The only player of note that we have produced in 30 years!

Sure we sold shields for a lot of money to Celtic but he amounted to nothing as a player.