The New Raith Rovers Thread

I too would like to add a grovelling apology to Grant. He's done brilliantly with a more familiar line up and we're looking far more solid now with the likes of McGurn, Hill and Callachan featuring regularly. As I said on fantalk, I'm delighted for McGurn and Callachan who both never featured in the final last year.

Here too,I'm ready to eat humble pie. We now look a team that are hard to beat all the silly defensive mistakes have been cut out and we look dangerous going forward at times. Think realistically 4 spot might be out of reach but certainly 5th is do able. Well done today and keep up the good run.

Right, I'm willing to forgive Grant Murray after that win.

seconded, said after the home defeat by Livi that I'd never be back while he is in charge, I now totally recant that statement and look forward to watching the peoples champions again soon.

I will however NEVER attend another game against rangers, horrible, horrible bunch of people scum.

Raithie,

Don't ever change...

I'm still wearing it just now. So far the wife has given me peace and quite to catch up with Match of the Day and the Football League show from last night. Might wear it to bed and see just how lucky this top is.

A bit early to say Murray is out the woods yet, don't want to overreact to a good run in the way that I was accusing people of doing to the bad one.

But I'm really pleased we stuck with him as well - so long as we stayed up, which looks virtually assured already, there was never anything to be gained by sacking him during the season anyway. If he can or has turned it round then he'll be a better manager for it, where if we'd sacked him before Christmas he might never have got another chance.

First and foremost, I'm chuffed for the man himself.

He has without doubt won back some goodwill, which was missing for a very long time. If we were to lose a couple of games, I don't think there would be calls for his head and instead there would be more tolerance. Even at the start of the season when we were doing well, you sensed that a defeat would have the fans baying for blood. I agree Murray isn't out of the woods, but he is in a much better place and the wounds have healed a bit.

I'd have sacked him, but am pleased at the way things have turned around since Malpas came in. It has undeniably had a positive effect on Murray, and we're getting what I felt we should be getting all along out of our squad.

Edited by Michael W

He has without doubt won back some goodwill, which was missing for a very long time. If we were to lose a couple of games, I don't think there would be calls for his head and instead there would be more tolerance. Even at the start of the season when we were doing well, you sensed that a defeat would have the fans baying for blood. I agree Murray isn't out of the woods, but he is in a much better place and the wounds have healed a bit.

I'd have sacked him, but am pleased at the way things have turned around since Malpas came in. It has undeniably had a positive effect on Murray, and we're getting what I felt we should be getting all along out of our squad.

Fair enough. Pleased to hear you say so.

Edited by Yoss

Congratulations Raith. Where does one purchase one of those fine away tops you have?

if you cant get it online you may be able to phone up starks park to see if they can sort it for you.I have just been told by eddie who runs the club shop that there is still xxl and some xxxl left in the shop.So it depends what size you are looking for.

Edited by BIGQ FAE KDY

What a fantastic result today! The *** booed their own team off at half time and at the end of the game I've never seen a stadium empty so quickly-not that there were many there in the first place! Don't fancy meeting you lot in the quarter finals!