The New Raith Rovers Thread

In October we all thought Callachan was on a one way ticket to part-time football too, and now look at him. First name on the teamsheet at the moment.

Vaughan's chance will come I think, particularly with Elliot still out (?). He's not shown anything to deserve a start but then I suppose he hasn't been given the chance to do so. He should at least have a few sub appearances coming up to make his case.

I don't really think the Callachan part is true. Most on here anyway were very positives but admitted he had a lot of work to do, especially his positional sense. I don't think anyway thought he was destined for part time football

I don't really think the Callachan part is true. Most on here anyway were very positives but admitted he had a lot of work to do, especially his positional sense. I don't think anyway thought he was destined for part time football

He hadn't played all season and I'm pretty sure he's out of contract in the summer? Wouldn't have been any point in us keeping a player who wasn't going to play and I doubt another full-time side would've signed someone who couldn't get a game for us.

I didn't mean it as a slight on the player at all, he's always been OK, certainly no worse than Fox/Scott. But sitting on our bench wasn't going to keep him in full-time football.

He hadn't played all season and I'm pretty sure he's out of contract in the summer? Wouldn't have been any point in us keeping a player who wasn't going to play and I doubt another full-time side would've signed someone who couldn't get a game for us.

I didn't mean it as a slight on the player at all, he's always been OK, certainly no worse than Fox/Scott. But sitting on our bench wasn't going to keep him in full-time football.

I couldn't disagree with you more

Callachan was on the verge of taking the Reece Donaldson route out of Kirkcaldy. If he'd gone on loan he'd have been finished with us. Unless we can mount a late challenge for 4th then this is the ideal chance to give Vaughan a run of appearances so we can see if has what it takes.

I couldn't disagree with you more

Paco has a point in so much as Callachan was due to go out on loan to P'heid, he didn't go and instead injuries allowed him to get himself a run in the team, and more, become an integral part of that team. Before that he might easily have been on his way out.

Is there not some spfl rule about only having one "unit" per team?

Realistically we need a Baird, someone with a bit of movement and an eye for goal. Carrick really did look as if he could tick those boxes, a real pity how it's played out.

Edited by mojito