The New Raith Rovers Thread

Saw Allan Walker and Kevin Smith playing for East Fife this evening. Walker was okay but quiet, and was replaced with a couple of minutes to go (by Fraser Mullen). Smith scored twice - the first a fine solo goal and the second a late-ish winner. Still don't really understand how he ended up playing for East Fife.

Walker was absolutely rotten his last two seasons here. Can't say I'm surprised he ended up part-time, and by all accounts he didn't offer Brechin very much.

It is a shame given he was at one point one of our best players. For whatever reason, he just no longer seemed to have it. I still won't forgive him for his reaction when he was released, though. I think we're doing just fine for a club that is 'a joke'.

Wait a minute, you meant Kevin Smith, didn't you? Injuries I guess. A fine player for us.

Edited by Michael W

I'm surprised Fraser Mullen can't even get a game for East Fife.

Kevin Smith was brilliant that season we got promoted and he seemed to start well enough at QOS until injuries caught up with him again.

As for Allan Walker, seems even the East Fife fans hate him after he said some bad things about their hero Paul McManus.

Just having a quick scan through big name's twitter chat from last night.

My favourite is where he doesn't quite get the old scottish tradition that when two men don't agree on a point and a neutral meeting ground is offered up, it's generally to reach an agreement like men.

Square go at fountain bridge!!!

if true about carrick, then thats a massive shame for the lad, but certainly gives lewis vaughan a wee boost.

although id now like murray to go out and sign a free agent there were plenty strikers freed in january..

its crying out for gregory tade to return and score the winner in inverness in the cup..

In October we all thought Callachan was on a one way ticket to part-time football too, and now look at him. First name on the teamsheet at the moment.

Vaughan's chance will come I think, particularly with Elliot still out (?). He's not shown anything to deserve a start but then I suppose he hasn't been given the chance to do so. He should at least have a few sub appearances coming up to make his case.