The New Raith Rovers Thread

What I love about this is the naked, unsubtle impulse that's driven this... rovers don't usually advertise how long someone's contract is... you gotta love the board trying to sell the whole HONEST HE'S STAYING FOR, LIKE, AGES... BUY SEASON TICKETS!!!! don't get me wrong, if anyone deserves to make it to a testimonial, it's dave mgurn, the man has saved us more often than I car to remember and we owe a f**k tonne to him for our relatively comfortable position. It's just the board HAVE had me smiling with their new populist stance on things....

No he wasn't, Malpas was brought in by the board, Murray didn't have a clue about his involvement until they met in December.

You are right L Brilliant. Murray was definitely involved as he was working ridiculous hours and also it was to give him more coaching time. Whether there was a hidden agenda is what I was asking the Raith fans. From info from Easter Road Malpas was disliked by most of the players therefore would you trust him? I wouldn't have?

Really pleased at that, although strange in a way that we're bringing in a player while we've no manager.

They new guy might not actually want him.

He wouldn't last long I'd he didn't. That's pretty much where the support is right now, mentally.

Much like last season the Raith board doing and saying what fans want to hear to shift season tickets.

Is that not what a BOD should be doing is listening to there fans/paying customers, If it means re-signing the best keeper in the championship to boost season ticket sales so be it, personally I had already purchased mines before the Murray sacking/McGurn re-signing like many others who were queuing on Saturday.. All positives for the Rovers at the moment and hopefully make a good appointment interms of a new manager

2 years extension with option for a third, if that option is taken that would be his testimonial season.

He's got *clap clap* bionic hands...

giphy.gif

Much like last season the Raith board doing and saying what fans want to hear to shift season tickets.

giphy.gif

There is about 1% of me that's a little concerned that the board are doing exactly what the fans want, but f**k it. Davie's staying!

giphy.gif

Is that not what a BOD should be doing is listening to there fans/paying customers, If it means re-signing the best keeper in the championship to boost season ticket sales so be it, personally I had already purchased mines before the Murray sacking/McGurn re-signing like many others who were queuing on Saturday.. All positives for the Rovers at the moment and hopefully make a good appointment interms of a new manager

Yes and no. Fans are idiots, in the main. You all heard what you wanted at the start of the season and how did that work out? Folk were saying exactly the same thing.

What's the bets the new manager doesn't fancy McGurn as No.1?

Great to get him signed up though.

That's the risk you take when you have a Director of Football.

Delighted with this news. Even better that it is a two year deal, with the option of a third. A THIRD! Scenes. SCENES!

What was the problem with Murray and McGurn?

It seemed that Murray wanted a fully full time team with everyone training with eachother throughout the week. McGurn doesn't train with us and only sees the team on match day.

Who really cares what the board's motivation behind this is? In the last 18 months Laidlaw, Robinson and Cuthbert have all failed miserably when it comes to filling his gloves. I doubt very much we could have found a better goalkeeper on the market than him and if it has taken board intervention to get him to stay then so be it.