The New Raith Rovers Thread

But just think, that's another year which you's have failed to beat Rovers in a competitive game. That season was your best chance of beating us, and it all went horribly wrong. Even 2-0 at half time in one of the games. Just utter failures.

PS, Nichola from Girls Aloud is actually pretty decent looking. Better than some of the others these days. Plus she clearly has taste. ;)

The 2-0 halftime was the introduction of Nacho to scottish football his first competitive game i think….

Oh and the Gregory Tade winner years later….

Edited by RRFC2711

[quote name="Paco" post="9498370"

What I do find strange is Malpas leaving, can only assume either Malpas didn't want McKinnon or vice versa. Doubt we'll ever know but given they played together at Dundee United, an interesting one.

All the best to the great Raymondo.

I don't see anything strange in Malpas leaving. We need to remember he was only brought in because Murray couldn't cut it. Not sure what the exact quote was but it was something like " to give Grant the best environment to succeed".

The structure was not intended to include a director of football. If Murray had been coping Malpas would never have been brought in.

As Enigma points out, Malpas spent a lot of time scouting, including in England. He was also heavily involved in the search for a new manager.

His involvement in the hiring process and his scouting do leave some questions, which will in all likelihood will never be answered. Is the scouting work now just going to be binned? You'd presume so as the man who did it is no longer with the club. If that is indeed the case, it's money we've thrown down the drain.

Regardless of why he was initially brought in, I do think there was an intention to keep him on.

As Enigma points out, Malpas spent a lot of time scouting, including in England. He was also heavily involved in the search for a new manager.

His involvement in the hiring process and his scouting do leave some questions, which will in all likelihood will never be answered. Is the scouting work now just going to be binned? You'd presume so as the man who did it is no longer with the club. If that is indeed the case, it's money we've thrown down the drain.

Regardless of why he was initially brought in, I do think there was an intention to keep him on.

I'd like to think he was always going to join Terry Butcher at Newport after we'd appointed a manager (I'd like to think that's where he is going) and is still on good terms with the club.

He must know McKinnon from his playing days so let's hope they are on good terms and the scouting will he used. If we start signing English Conference players I guess we'll know.

I'd like to think he was always going to join Terry Butcher at Newport after we'd appointed a manager (I'd like to think that's where he is going) and is still on good terms with the club.

He must know McKinnon from his playing days so let's hope they are on good terms and the scouting will he used. If we start signing English Conference players I guess we'll know.

Never even thought of that! Every chance he will.

Time will tell, I guess. Looking forward to McKinnon being unveiled and getting on with bringing in some new players/clearing out the deadwood.

He may well end up at Newport, but last I saw, Tel had appointed a former Ipswich teammate as his No.2 at Newport.

But just think, that's another year which you's have failed to beat Rovers in a competitive game. That season was your best chance of beating us, and it all went horribly wrong. Even 2-0 at half time in one of the games. Just utter failures.

PS, Nichola from Girls Aloud is actually pretty decent looking. Better than some of the others these days. Plus she clearly has taste. ;)

How many years is that now? Is it 28 years? Should send them a cake when it gets to 30. A 'sorry you're so rubbish' cake or a 'get well soon' cake?

How many years is that now? Is it 28 years? Should send them a cake when it gets to 30. A 'sorry you're so rubbish' cake or a 'get well soon' cake?

I believe it's 27. Two months before i was born.

Have they put that team in their hall of fame ?

East Fife have a Hall of Fame?

I remember they had a guy called Raymond Blair playing for them when they were a decent First Division side, and were capable of beating Rovers. Surely he should be inducted. Who scored when they last beat us? Definite inductees.

Edited by Scary Bear

Cant remember who scored but it was 1-0 at starks… in the other game we thrashed them 7-1 they had their centre half sent off and there were parachutists landing on the pitch pre game…..strange days indeed…..

Saturday 26th March 1988 in front of 2466 supporters - link.

Ah yes, the same season I watched Dalziel net a last second New Years' winner at Bayview and Hamish McAlpine score straight from kick out at Rugby Park

Here's a better head-to-head link - http://www.dundee-mad.co.uk/head_to_head/raith_rovers/vs/east_fife/index.shtml