The New Raith Rovers Thread

Good at using the ball and linking up play, a wee bit one paced though.

Is that a euphemism for slow?

Is he the wee ginger guy? He's an okay player. Damned with faint praise.

Edited by Scary Bear

Guess it depends how we are lining up formation wise next season or if we are going to favour him in the middle with Callachan...

Think I would be happy enough with McCord, I do prefer Cawley but we could be getting worse than McCord that's for sure ... Seems McKinnon's first priority is to bulk up that midfield, that means we now have Callachan, Petrie & McCord on contract with hopefully Ando still to re-sign to ...

McCord is a good player. I've thought he would fit in here for a few seasons so I'm pleased enough. He is a bit slow though, and always seems to just make the pass in time; a bawhair from losing possession. Depends on the role McKinnon has in mind for him.

Interestingly McKinnon hinted that he would be using him as a midfielder if we got him.

Well, if we get McCord signed up, then we'll have a bunch of them. McCord is only 26 as well, think Anderson is a wee bit older, but still looking like a reduction in the average age of our midfield.

Full list for anyone interested ... Wont moan at any of it tbh, Watson I'm 50/50 on at the minute I don't think we need Laidlaw if Cuthbert has stayed !

Retained
Grant Anderson, Craig Barr, David Bates, Ross Callachan, Kieran Campbell, Jonny Court, Kevin Cuthbert, Laurie Ellis, Elliot Ford, Scott Law, Ross Matthews, David McGurn, Rory McKeown, Callum Robertson, Mark Stewart, Jason Thomson, Lewis Vaughan
Signed
Darren Petrie
Released
Ryan Conroy, Calum Elliot, Liam Fox, Douglas Hill, Kevin Moon, Grant Murray, Liam McCroary, Christian Nade, Martin Scott
In Discussion
Ross Laidlaw, Paul Watson

Retained

Grant Anderson, Craig Barr, David Bates, Ross Callachan, Kieran Campbell, Jonny Court, Kevin Cuthbert, Laurie Ellis, Elliot Ford, Scott Law, Ross Matthews, David McGurn, Rory McKeown, Callum Robertson, Mark Stewart, Jason Thomson, Lewis Vaughan

Signed

Darren Petrie

Released

Ryan Conroy, Calum Elliot, Liam Fox, Douglas Hill, Kevin Moon, Grant Murray, Liam McCroary, Christian Nade, Martin Scott

In Discussion

Ross Laidlaw, Paul Watson

So that's basically an entire new midfield we need, plus half a new forward line. If we can get Watson to sign on, we'll still need more cover for centre back.

Guessing Hill wasn't so much 'released' as turned down any offer we made him, he's more than good enough for this level and would surely be a great signing for either Dumbarton or Alloa, would certainly do a job for the Pars.

Wee bit sad to seem him go.

As for Moon and Elliot, obviously both are good players at this level, but you couldn't retain Elliot just on the fact that his injury record is horrendous for last season. Still think Moon would have been useful for us.

Didn't think Kevin Cuthbert would be sticking around

My guess is Murray gave him a two year deal, but that particular detail was never widely known. Same as Mckeown.

My guess is Murray gave him a two year deal, but that particular detail was never widely known. Same as Mckeown.

Either that or McKinnon's told Cuthbert that he'll be number 1 next season..

Imagine the atmosphere in the south stand if Cuthbert is announced in the starting XI on the first game of the season..

Imagine the atmosphere in the south stand if Cuthbert is announced in the starting XI on the first game of the season..

:lol:

The atmosphere in the south stand might be bad, but by Christ I can't imagine it being too rosy in the Murray household if McKinnon pulled that stunt.....

God ... It'll be instant "McKinnon OUT" hahaha !

Surely the fact we handed McGurn such a long deal would mean he is #1 next season ... Or is it a giant swerve by the club in attempt to lure us to Starks :P !!!

So that's basically an entire new midfield we need, plus half a new forward line. If we can get Watson to sign on, we'll still need more cover for centre back.

Guessing Hill wasn't so much 'released' as turned down any offer we made him, he's more than good enough for this level and would surely be a great signing for either Dumbarton or Alloa, would certainly do a job for the Pars.

Wee bit sad to seem him go.

As for Moon and Elliot, obviously both are good players at this level, but you couldn't retain Elliot just on the fact that his injury record is horrendous for last season. Still think Moon would have been useful for us.

I was actually going to ask if you felt he could do a job for us, I imagine we'll have Andy Graham and Gregor Buchanan as our centre halves but having Hill there would be decent if he's still up to the task.

I was actually going to ask if you felt he could do a job for us, I imagine we'll have Andy Graham and Gregor Buchanan as our centre halves but having Hill there would be decent if he's still up to the task.

Definitely still is. Good positioning, great in the air, pretty mobile for a centre half as well. Held back by injuries in pre-season last year and was latterly edged out of the team by Barr, who was good but you suspect got in front of Hill because Hill, as a part timer very rarely trained with the team. No coincidence that our uptick in form from Christmas was partly due to Hill replacing that utter non-footballer Ross Perry in the team.