The New Raith Rovers Thread

New, strip has grown on me. also McKinnon said on the Raith TV stripe, launch that there is to be a defender signing the morn, that will provide cover and experience

I assume he was referring to Toshney. I would be surprised if we signed another defender now.

Barr and Thomson are a year or two younger than Anderson is.

Just checked. Barr has not long turned 28 and Thomson is 27.

McCord and Stewart are both 26 and have plenty of games in the bank.

I quite like the policy of signing younger players but I do have concerns as to whether the particular players we've signed so far are good enough.

I do have concerns as to whether the particular players we've signed so far are good enough.

Depends what the target for the season is.

Most of our 'good/great' players were cast off by a bigger club and had the hunger to get back to the top, I hope the current crop have that hunger.

I assume he was referring to Toshney. I would be surprised if we signed another defender now.

Ray doesn't actually say its a defender but 'part of the teams defensive unit', could be the defensive midfielder we are still needing

Jesus Christ, the negativity in here is frightening.

I am genuinely pleased at all of our signing so far. McKinnon is signing young boys with promise. They will have a desire to prove themselves and their is the chance they will get better. I for one am glad we are not signing the 'safe' options i.e. championship journeymen that will secure 7th spot with no chance of improvement.

Seriously, when do the Rovers sign players that on paper get the penis twitching?

I also like the top!

P.S I am not a 'happy clapper' - i wanted Murray out at the end of 2013/14 season. But C'mon folks, where is the optimism. Young hungry team... that sounds better than fox etc!

Who would be a "marquee" signing in folks book?

After the club described McKeown as an "exciting" signing last summer I don't much fancy finding out what their idea of a marquee signing would be.

Ray doesn't actually say its a defender but 'part of the teams defensive unit', could be the defensive midfielder we are still needing

McKinnon is in the paper today saying we are currently talking to a midfielder down in England and hope to tie the deal up next week.

He also confirms Watson's deal is off the table.

Who would be a "marquee" signing in folks book?

Probably a forward. Someone like Scott McDonald. However, I'd like to see if Vaughan and Stewart's partnership can develop.

Actually, that would be three short arses up front. More like John Sutton.

Edited by Scary Bear

Probably a forward. Someone like Scott McDonald. However, I'd like to see if Vaughan and Stewart's partnership can develop.

Actually, that would be three short arses up front. More like John Sutton.

John Suttons been offers a new contract at Motherwell. Cant see him turning that down to join us in the championship..

He's much better at RB than he is a CH I reckon. Him and Bene were our two main CH's in our doomed SPL season and performed as well as they could but Toshney was the type of player that'd be man of the match for 85 minutes then flog a goal that'd cost you the game. At RB he was much better as he likes a wander and can attack relatively decently.

Jesus Christ, the negativity in here is frightening.

I am genuinely pleased at all of our signing so far. McKinnon is signing young boys with promise. They will have a desire to prove themselves and their is the chance they will get better. I for one am glad we are not signing the 'safe' options i.e. championship journeymen that will secure 7th spot with no chance of improvement.

Seriously, when do the Rovers sign players that on paper get the penis twitching?

I also like the top!

P.S I am not a 'happy clapper' - i wanted Murray out at the end of 2013/14 season. But C'mon folks, where is the optimism. Young hungry team... that sounds better than fox etc!

I agree with you here, definitely in the case of Megginson. He'll be looking at it as his last crack at full-time football so will be determined to do well.