The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not sure we really need another centre mid at this point though....

I Agree but one thing we can see is Mckinnon Loves a CM. Callachan, Matthews, Petrie, McCord, Craigan and even Barr to an extent are all CM's, so you would think that area is more than covered now. I reckon Petrie will be used as cover for the wings though..

We have 3 keepers, 5 CB's, 2 Left Backs, 2 Right backs, 3 wingers, 6 CM's, 4 strikers( one of them is Robertson though who has only played injury time fist team football before.)

Its extremely risky going into the season with Stewart( who was anonymous for the majority of last season, hopefully he picks up from where he left off at the end of last season) Vaughan and Wighton who aren't exactly out and out strikers. We'll be looking to rely on Stewart all season to go through without picking up an injury.

We still need one striker and then we'll be finished.

I Agree but one thing we can see is Mckinnon Loves a CM. Callachan, Matthews, Petrie, McCord, Craigan and even Barr to an extent are all CM's, so you would think that area is more than covered now. I reckon Petrie will be used as cover for the wings though..

We have 3 keepers, 5 CB's, 2 Left Backs, 2 Right backs, 3 wingers, 6 CM's, 4 strikers( one of them is Robertson though who has only played injury time fist team football before.)

Its extremely risky going into the season with Stewart( who was anonymous for the majority of last season, hopefully he picks up from where he left off at the end of last season) Vaughan and Wighton who aren't exactly out and out strikers. We'll be looking to rely on Stewart all season to go through without picking up an injury.

We still need one striker and then we'll be finished.

Stewart was fine when paired with someone who actually complemented his own style.

I think the friendlies will involve all sorts of permutations team wise to get a look at every one.

Unless someone scores a boat load it should be stewart and Vaughan up front they really were a revelation when they got going together.

In other news my new home top arrived. Quite impressed although the funny collar might take a bit of getting used to.

On the McGurn situation, whether full or part time. No manager in his right mind is going to keep his best keeper on the bench and McGurn has been best keeper in the league for a good couple of seasons and he's come back from injury even better.

Best keeper in the league or not if you do not abide by club rules then you deserve all you get in my opinion,

Many more rumours doing the rounds tonight that mcgurn has went on holiday after the club told him not too.

Time will tell if any truth to that,

On the McGurn situation, whether full or part time. No manager in his right mind is going to keep his best keeper on the bench and McGurn has been best keeper in the league for a good couple of seasons and he's come back from injury even better.

Agree 100% same can be said for Anderson. He always puts in a shift. I don't remember looking forwards to a season start so much for ages. I just hope we give the new boss and team time to bed in. Hope there is a good crowd on Saturday.

Best keeper in the league or not if you do not abide by club rules then you deserve all you get in my opinion,

Many more rumours doing the rounds tonight that mcgurn has went on holiday after the club told him not too.

Time will tell if any truth to that,

Like everyone else McGurn will have booked his holidays some time ago and they will have coincided with his full time working arrangements. I don't know if college holidays are the same as schools, but schools come off on Friday. If he's going off on holiday he's perfectly entitled to do so.

The guy is a college tutor FFS, his term will just be finished or coming to an end in line with schools.

Surely to hell the boy deserves a break, bit harsh in my eyes if true.

Is there a serious suggestion here that Raith could punish anyone - whether that punishment is leaving players out when competitive games start or some kind of formal disciplinary action - who goes on holiday this week or next? Do you not have any players with children in school? Surely the club would be understanding about that?

Lets assume the McGurn holiday situation is true indeed, I would be willing to bet with McGurn being a Lecturer he will have booked his holidays well BEFORE McKinnon came into play for probably the only 1 or 2 weeks he can get due to the times Colleges/Uni ends & pre-season starts ... IMO you can't tell a man to cancel your holiday, allow him to lose out on cash and then punish him if he does't ...

Of course that is me assuming McGurn like a normal person books a holiday months to a yearish in advance ... Very harsh to to crack the whip out if that's the case, especially after all he has done for us !

On the Anderson front, McKinnon said on the website he'll be back from his honeymoon soon and is really looking forward to seeing him as Laurie spoke highly of him.

As for McGurn, we don't know if any of this is true. If anything the Anderson story is a perfect example of why we shouldn't be grabbing the pitchforks immediately.