The New Raith Rovers Thread

Funny how he knew about Craigen. Funny how another perfectly reliable poster has said he's heard something not dissimilar.

Just had a look at Fantalk to see if there was anything of note on there about Grant Anderson

What I did notice were the tone of posts from Author Unknown.....your posts and opinions sound very much like Authur Unknown even to the phrasing used!! 8)

Just sayin', likes................ :whistle

Edited by Wee Sandy

After watching the Rovers for more than 50 years I thought it was time I made some comment. I have followed them everywhere, even took my holidays to watch them in a tournament up north with St Mirren. Think it was called Chivas Regal or something. I will support them through everything although these past two years has been fairly hard. Ray McKinnon looks as though he is the manager we have needed since Jimmy Nicoll left the first time. Please give the man time and stop trying to second guess him. As much as I admire Dave mcGurn he is only one player in the team. Eveybody should be pulling together and supporting the team, not trying to have players transferred that as far as you know will probably be part of his plans. Lets just get on and offer our best support in the up coming season which looks as though, with the signings, could be a really good one. Here's hoping

It's possible to support the team and the new manager but still be pissed off at the potential loss or non-inclusion of two of our best players.

Thats the whole point andy. Their is no news from the club on Anderson or McGurn, so as things stand they are rovers players. End of story until or if the club makes an announcement.

Thats the whole point andy. Their is no news from the club on Anderson or McGurn, so as things stand they are rovers players. End of story until or if the club makes an announcement.

Why would the club make an announcement? They're both contracted players, they'll be Rovers players regardless. Whether they get played though is the concern and that decision is down to McKinnon.

McGurn has been dropped before and has always found himself returning and cementing his starting place. He is, in my opinion, invaluable.

It is, of course, the manager's prerogative to start who he chooses, but he'd be a fool to be too idealistic to when it comes to having a full time keeper for the sake of it. I would only ask that all three keepers are given at least chance to impress (unless, as I suspect, one has been earmarked for a loan deal) and that our new management team are fair in who they play in every game.

Edited by Enigma

McGurn will make a fool of any manager who drops him. It doesn't help, granted, that the thee goalies who have replaced him have been class clowns. But McGurn will always win.

If McKinnon wants to go down that line and take on McGurn, based not on ability but on his part-time status, then he will. But like McGlynn and Murray before him, he'll lose...

I wonder if we'll see a few trialists on Saturday? Possibly this Aaron Birch, that seems to be very interested in signing for us..

Not sure we really need another centre mid at this point though....