The New Raith Rovers Thread

It'll be interesting to see if the annual collapse after halloween?l happens?

I expect the 100% record at home to go with hibs falkirk and sevco visiting but of we keep it steady should be up to Christmas still in a play off spot.

Callachan back from injury and Robertson given time to get fit actually improves our options in terms of who and how we can play. It's such a pity about Vaughan this season

We've had very favourable fixtures in Q1. Realistic target for Q2? 13 imo.

Yeah we will only have four home games this quarter which include matches against three of the top four. We might only pick up three or four points from those matches and maybe seven points from the five away games. Twelve points would be a pretty decent effort.

There is also the nagging thought that our level of performance has dropped in the last couple of games and in past seasons this has ended up being the prelude to our usual winter collapse. This season though we have Callachan and Barr almost ready to return, Daly improving with each match and Robertson who will hopefully do likewise. That should be enough quality to ensure we keep on picking up points with some sort of regularity (at least until January).

Looking at our Q2 fixtures, I reckon we'll take 15, but I'd be also he very happy with anything more than 11/12. Some tricky ones. Full of confidence after Q1 anyway.

Nice 2 week break for the boys to recover from any knocks and then be raring to go against Alloa. I'm still 50/50 on whether to go to that or not.

To compensate for those difficult away games, we had Livi, Dumbarton and Alloa all at home. I think most people would've tipped those sides to be the ones fighting to avoid relegation.

I don't want to make predictions, but it is very unlikely we will keep up our current form. All we can do is keep trying to go on as we have done so far.

12 points or better will do for me, just as long the wheels don't come off after the clocks go back like we tend to see most seasons.

That said although a dip in form is a worry I have faith in our manager to keep things ticking along in a way that previous incumbents of the managers office at SP couldn't.

In all honesty, the only two games I'm worried about are Rangers and Hibs at home. We've been grinding out wins against the clubs we needed to, but I think we've got room for improvement which is possible. Robertson will add a lot of experience and impetus to our midfield. Even yesterday, while looking short of match practice, he was happy to take the ball and drive at the Morton defence. Callachan and Barr will also provide us with options as well both in defence and midfield.

It's just a shame we've had such a strong start to the season, but we're missing wee Lewis Vaughan in there too. If he was involved we'd have another threat up top.

Enjoyable first quarter so far. I'm used to us starting well then starting to fall away over the winter period so I'm just hoping this team is different and we can carry on our good form during those 'difficult months'. The general feeling within Starks is largely much more positive and there really does feel like there's a bit more of a relationship forming between the fans and McKinnon and his team. I think we've missed that in previous seasons. Not saying previous players/managers weren't as committed as the current group but I was going into games with Murray in charge almost predicting what would happen (largely negative predictions). This season though I'm going to games feeling confident we'll get a result. I do feel our overall performance has dipped slightly but we're grinding out hard fought wins and the players all come across like they have that desire to win at all costs and keep plugging away for the full 90 minutes, a philosphy McKinnon was keen to mention during various pre-season interviews. As long as the boys work hard, show passion, determination and belief then that's all we can ask for. Yes defeats will come but I feel we'll deal with this in a way that's not an over reaction especially from the stands.

Maybe we are getting a wee rub of the green just now but in this game you do to some degree generate your own luck. With Daly nearing full fitness and both Stewart and Wighton improving weekly things are looking up even more so once Robertson, Cal and Mango are fully fit. Plenty of options for Ray.....maybe even too many as with chopping and changing we look less settled.

To echo others, brilliant first Q.

I posted a few weeks back that history shows 60 (maybe as little as 50) points should be more than enough for 4th (barring a freak table forming!) That's 15 a quarter. So taking 12 in Q2 puts us bang on track. With only 4 home games and three being Falkirk, hibs and rangers, repeating our 18 point haul looks very unlikely! That said, if we keep our defensive solidity there is no reason we can't nick any of our 5 tight games at Alloa, livi, Dumbarton, Morton and queens.

Really hoping I can make the Alloa game. Not our happiest hunting ground but with a new management team and new set of players, past form should be irrelevant. A good opportunity to pick up 3 points and get Q2 off to a flyer...

All this good feeling and yet we can't pull a crowd.

For me, it's a hard sell. There was talk on here of inviting a friend who hasn't been for a while. The results we are getting are excellent, commitment from the team is also excellent. Classy football is in relatively short supply.

Not sure how that'll go down with the stayaways who reappear, but If we keep winning games there'll hopefully be a steady rise in home attendances. That said, if we can't get over 2000 in the home end for the Hibs game, after the start we've had, then I'm not sure what will get the stayaways back.

There's no one at our level playing classy football minus maybe Rangers. Our crowds won't miraculously increase to say 2000+ overnight, it's a work in progress and even with our good start I'd still say we'll not get 2000 home fans at the Hibs game. Beat Alloa AND Hibs and maybe then we'll see the stay awayers taking notice.

And no offence Scary but you've got a cheek to complain about Rovers inability to pull in a crowd when you've used every excuse under the sun about not attending various home games.

There's no one at our level playing classy football minus maybe Rangers. Our crowds won't miraculously increase to say 2000+ overnight, it's a work in progress and even with our good start I'd still say we'll not get 2000 home fans at the Hibs game. Beat Alloa AND Hibs and maybe then we'll see the stay awayers taking notice.

And no offence Scary but you've got a cheek to complain about Rovers inability to pull in a crowd when you've used every excuse under the sun about not attending various home games.

"no offence Scary" followed by that :lol: :lol: Edited by Rovers1992/1993