The New Raith Rovers Thread

What was the problem with Murray and McGurn?

Unless someone with insider information is privy to something the rest of us don't know, there was never any confirmed problem.

McGurn was dropped for Kevin Cuthbert, having been fantastic upon his return to the team. This annoyed a lot of people (myself included), but questions have been flying around as to why McGurn was dropped. The last couple of games intensified this, as Cuthbert has been at fault for goals. McGurn is also probably our best and most popular player.

The speculation is that Murray wasn't fussed for keeping McGurn, as he wanted to stay and no contact was made with him about a new contract. It seems to be the case that Murray wasn't fussed about the part-timers (see also Dougie Hill, who was dropped and barely featured since despite not doing anything wrong).

Ok thanks for explaining that. Hmmm a difficult one. The feeling I get McGurn is Raiths best goalie ( not really that bothered if he was most popular or unpopular but yes it helps ) so normally no problem the best goalie is picked. Simples! However not training with the players and only turning up on a Saturday doesn't go hand in hand with a full time club. It's important to work with the players on a daily basis especially a goalie working with his back four. It's also about treating all the players the same and that's difficult to do if the other goalies are training full time and get dropped for a goalie who only appears on a Saturday. I think you will find your new boss will look for his goalie to be there on a daily basis. Most top junior clubs insist on players attending training. Don't attend training you don't play!

Ok thanks for explaining that. Hmmm a difficult one. The feeling I get McGurn is Raiths best goalie ( not really that bothered if he was most popular or unpopular but yes it helps ) so normally no problem the best goalie is picked. Simples! However not training with the players and only turning up on a Saturday doesn't go hand in hand with a full time club. It's important to work with the players on a daily basis especially a goalie working with his back four. It's also about treating all the players the same and that's difficult to do if the other goalies are training full time and get dropped for a goalie who only appears on a Saturday. I think you will find your new boss will look for his goalie to be there on a daily basis. Most top junior clubs insist on players attending training. Don't attend training you don't play!

We haven't been a full time club for years.

Do you know who the new manager will be?

f**k me, I just realised Muzza is a Cowden fan. Admittedly given the mood around this thread in that last few months it's been difficult to tell who is pro-Rovers.

He's like that kid that would always hang about the Saturday ammy games, mumbling about how shite everyone is in the desperate hope that the manager throws him a kit.

Go on Muzza get yersel an earlybird season ticket!

f**k me, I just realised Muzza is a Cowden fan. Admittedly given the mood around this thread in that last few months it's been difficult to tell who is pro-Rovers.

He's like that kid that would always hang about the Saturday ammy games, mumbling about how shite everyone is in the desperate hope that the manager throws him a kit.

He re-branded himself, he was CTID or similar, believe it or not he distanced himself from his previous persona due to him talking shite.

I bet you were chuckling away while you were typing this. 'Wait till the boys read this belter'.

IIRC our full time players trained in the evening on Tues &Thurs with the part time players, but Murray has phased us down to only two (I think)part timers in McGurn and Hill and scrapped the evening training so McGurn trains through the week with our goalkeeping coach Wayne Henderson and their sessions are available to watch on YouTube Edited by RoversMad

We haven't been a full time club for years.

Do you know who the new manager will be?

I know Dougie Hill is p/t and now McGurn. However are you not classed as full time? How many are p/t?

No I don't know the new manager will be but will make discreet enquiries over the next week.

IIRC our full time players trained in the evening on Tues &Thurs with the part time players, but Murray has phased us down to only two (I think)part timers in McGurn and Hill and scrapped the evening training so McGurn trains through the week with our goalkeeping coach Wayne Henderson and their sessions are available to watch on YouTube

Sorry I don't understand the training bit. First part of your sentence ....full time players train with part time players on Tues & Thurs evening? Murray scrapped the evening training?

gSNv.gif

:wub:

Never noticed the reaction from our number 6 (Davo?) Before on the second save where he turns away as if it's going in haha. Could watch they saves all day!

That's a great core of a team we have now, hopefully we can get some decent players in to compliment them and a manager to push us on.