The New Raith Rovers Thread

If you read it again it's down to the fact the entertainment on offer at Starks was not good enough.

I can see where you are going from because you haven't seen first hand what it has been like, particularly at home matches.

On paper Murray has a better record in his first three years of management than some managers throughout their whole career.

But if the fans are not happy with the style of football, or the players lack of passion on the pitch, then the board have to act. It is us, after all that pay the money to help the club function.

Murray had lost the fans. There was no going back. The board had to act, and they did. We shall see in the season ahead if it turns out to be the correct decision or not. Every decision in football is ultimately a gamble, it's the nature of the sport.

What's done is done. It's time to look forward.

First of all you are right what's done is done and I hope Raith move forward positively.

I don't dispute that at times and maybe too often it was not a good watch however honestly this is Scottish football and we are all comparing the past when it was a lot better. The vast majority of fans are saying the same. Morton sit on top of their division with a home game left and the majority want their manager sacked. Last summer he was only left 4 signed players, 2 of which were goalies! Are fans and boards expectations to high. Yes they are! If I was sacked and Sir Alex made the decision I could cope with that but a guy who is not a football person at all with no knowledge of football expectations. It would annoy me intensely especially when I had the club at heart and after only 3 years of hard work had already brought a trophy to the fans!

I think the sacking is also partly down to the hostility of a significant section of the crowd towards Murray. They weren't buying season tickets and were helping make the atmosphere around the whole club crap. That would have been a factor in Youngs mind when making the decision

Edited by roverthemoon

First of all you are right what's done is done and I hope Raith move forward positively.

I don't dispute that at times and maybe too often it was not a good watch however honestly this is Scottish football and we are all comparing the past when it was a lot better. The vast majority of fans are saying the same. Morton sit on top of their division with a home game left and the majority want their manager sacked. Last summer he was only left 4 signed players, 2 of which were goalies! Are fans and boards expectations to high. Yes they are! If I was sacked and Sir Alex made the decision I could cope with that but a guy who is not a football person at all with no knowledge of football expectations. It would annoy me intensely especially when I had the club at heart and after only 3 years of hard work had already brought a trophy to the fans!

First of all?!

Don't you mean "first and foremost"?

Grant Murray getting sacked is down to the last five results, Davie McGurn is a sideshow in the affair.

The contract issue is down to the board or the DoF or both.

Motivation comes from within and even Robbie Neilson only failure this season is failing to motivate his players since Hearts games became meaningless! I've never known a middle of a league team to win the last 5 of meaningless games. The teams that go on winning runs at this time of the season are only teams that have got something to play for. Fans paying big money to watch most players not ' trying'. They are a disgrace and sadly they cost managers their jobs and family incomes. How would players feel if it was the reverse?

The "football" was honking the majority of the time under GM, the atmosphere was terrible, fans were turning against him, fans were not coming back, it had to change, the McGurn situation didn't help, a fans favourite getting shat on, if it's that important that a team is all full time and trains together how come we were crap at corners, set pieces, throw ins, defending, I couldn't see any evidence of full time training, it simply wasn't good enough, saying that the performance against the rangers in the cup was excellent, yet a couple of weeks later at Starks we resorted to type, sat of them and gave them the freedom of SP, go figure.

As many had said GM is a good guy and was a fine player for us, but he'd run his course, Myview is talking out his arse and has obviously never watched GM's Rovers, budgets, stats, utter bollocks.

I think the sacking is also partly down to the hostility of a significant section of the crowd towards Murray. They weren't buying season tickets and were helping make the atmosphere around the whole club crap. That would have been a factor in Youngs mind when making the decision

This frequently happens with most clubs. There is no doubt fans and players have the power to get a manager the sack!

The "football" was honking the majority of the time under GM, the atmosphere was terrible, fans were turning against him, fans were not coming back, it had to change, the McGurn situation didn't help, a fans favourite getting shat on, if it's that important that a team is all full time and trains together how come we were crap at corners, set pieces, throw ins, defending, I couldn't see any evidence of full time training, it simply wasn't good enough, saying that the performance against the rangers in the cup was excellent, yet a couple of weeks later at Starks we resorted to type, sat of them and gave them the freedom of SP, go figure.

As many had said GM is a good guy and was a fine player for us, but he'd run his course, Myview is talking out his arse and has obviously never watched GM's Rovers, budgets, stats, utter bollocks.

Raith were crap at all these things corners, set pieces, throw ins and defending and still beat Rangers in two important cup ties! Gawd what would the score have been if they were good at these things! Btw corners, throw ins are set pieces. Lol!If you are so knowledgeable and noticed this tell us what they were doing wrong? McGurn was not shat on and I'm sorry this is professional football the fact he is a fans favourite means absolutely nothing to a manager! Tell us also what was your expectation in the league this season. I'm sure you expected to beat Rangers at Ibrox in the cup! Something Inverness failed to do when they were sitting 2nd top of the premier! Edited by Myview

Listening to Young's interview after the Cowden game on the website, it is clear that he's far more happy to air his views if the club aren't performing. Obviously we never saw Hutton air those views too, and Murray had been warned about his job earlier in the season, but I think the club are definitely looking at our overall infrastructure and seeing how we can emulate clubs like Partick and Ross County who have gone up with a degree of success playing good football. It'll certainly be interesting to see how the next few weeks pan out.

We can debate and speculate all we want, but we can only go on the facts. The board and majority of the fans felt performances weren't good enough, and in the case of the latter it was impacting on people's decisions on buying season tickets.

Can I just add, it's interesting that the club have already given out two two-year contracts so far. It shows a bit more of a valuation of two individuals who helped us get to where we are this season, even despite not featuring earlier on.

Listening to Young's interview after the Cowden game on the website, it is clear that he's far more happy to air his views if the club aren't performing. Obviously we never saw Hutton air those views too, and Murray had been warned about his job earlier in the season, but I think the club are definitely looking at our overall infrastructure and seeing how we can emulate clubs like Partick and Ross County who have gone up with a degree of success playing good football. It'll certainly be interesting to see how the next few weeks pan out.

We can debate and speculate all we want, but we can only go on the facts. The board and majority of the fans felt performances weren't good enough, and in the case of the latter it was impacting on people's decisions on buying season tickets.

Can I just add, it's interesting that the club have already given out two two-year contracts so far. It shows a bit more of a valuation of two individuals who helped us get to where we are this season, even despite not featuring earlier on.

I agree with your views and to move forward to the level of Ross County and Partick is a good target. Murray was doing everything that's why Malpas was brought in but you must agree a few months is not long enough to see a noticeable improvement. Yes I agree no matter what, when fans stop buying season tickets the manager is usually the first to go! Rightly or wrongly that's the name of the game.

Raith were crap at all these things corners, set pieces, throw ins and defending and still beat Rangers in two important cup ties! Gawd what would the score have been if they were good at these things! Btw corners, throw ins are set pieces. Lol!If you are so knowledgeable and noticed this tell us what they were doing wrong? McGurn was not shat on and I'm sorry this is professional football the fact he is a fans favourite means absolutely nothing to a manager! Tell us also what was your expectation in the league this season. I'm sure you expected to beat Rangers at Ibrox in the cup! Something Inverness failed to do when they were sitting 2nd top of the premier!

You could look at the pros and cons of Bert's time at the Rovers all day long but it doesn't detract from the fact that people simply weren't enjoying going to watch the Rovers.

I'm resigned to a lifetime of watching the club rarely win anything but I'd like a bit of good football with my disappointment.

As posted above, I'm pretty sure that no RRFC supporter has any serious grudge against Murray and I know that I'll look back to the Ramsdens final success when I'm about deid with fondness but the simple facts are folk were becoming disinterested in watching the product he was putting on the park.

I agree with your views and to move forward to the level of Ross County and Partick is a good target. Murray was doing everything that's why Malpas was brought in but you must agree a few months is not long enough to see a noticeable improvement. Yes I agree no matter what, when fans stop buying season tickets the manager is usually the first to go! Rightly or wrongly that's the name of the game.

He had 3 years to get it right. Which is considerably longer than most modern football managers get. That being said if we had beaten Falkirk a few weeks ago when it still mattered he would probably still be in a job right now.

Burchill would be a massive risk. Until a month ago he'd hardly won a game at Livingston. A run that included a humiliating defeat at home to a team managed by Grant Murray.

Not sure why he would leave Livi to come anyway.