The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ellis will hopefully be shown the door as well. We need to sever our ties completely from the McGlynn and Murray eras.

Don't see the point in getting rid of Laurie just for the sake of it when he'll still be able to make a big contribution around the club.

Agree about the Junior manager point though. I'd rather see someone who has vast experience of the senior game be that playing or management.

Wouldnt mind seeing Russel Latapy putting his name in the ring. Good understanding of the Scottish game and also is learning about the management side of things at ICT.

Aye? That's a strange one, probably got excellent contacts within the game, though.

Were you not asking McBookie about Sinclair yesterday?

I thought you were red top baiting with that at the time and had a wee chuckle when Raithie said it'd been in The Sun.

Might have a wee shot of red top baiting myself...

Trevor Sinclair one of the 100 applicants according to The Sun...

Aye? That's a strange one, probably got excellent contacts within the game, though.

I think there'll be a few more applicants like him. As I've said we are actually an appealing prospect for a lot of managers out there.

Any idea when the Friendlies normally get announced? I know they're normally played the start/middle of July. I'm sacking off TITP this year so hoping for a decent away friendly of that weekend (wishful thinking).

Cheers!

The pitch has been lifted and will need time to repair, so some away fixtures could be an option.

Right enough, completely forgot about the pitch! Away fixtures could be a go then...

As for the new gaffer, I still think it'll be Derek Adams (I'd also back that despite him being a massive p***k). But I'm glad the club isn't rushing into anything, having said that, I think someone needs to be appointed within the next 2-3 weeks.

We haven't had nearly enough away friendlies since that time in the McGlynn era when he arranged games and Southport and Chester which both got rained off. I'd like to see more of them again.

The managers application list includes 4 national team managers and 6 ex raith players. Probably, Cameron, Crawford, Wilson, Kirkwood, Ellis and McAnespie. National managers? Michael O'Neil?

The managers application list includes 4 national team managers and 6 ex raith players. Probably, Cameron, Crawford, Wilson, Kirkwood, Ellis and McAnespie. National managers? Michael O'Neil?

Mixu, Bobby Williamson and latapy Edited by MICMAC