The New Raith Rovers Thread

The same Macintyre, who failed so miserably to keep the Pars up?

Every manager has a rough spot in their career - assuming their career lasts more than one job. I don't know the ins and outs of RC's budget in those days, but he did have them playing relatively attractive football. Of the names mentioned, and assuming no totally left field appointment by the board, he's probably the safest pair of hands, the most likely to get that "free flowing" and "attractive" "product" that will apparently have the masses flocking back to Starks.

I'm not sure we'll be able to find a manager to get the masses flocking back. Even if the mystery man managed to bring back free flowing football, I reckon that most occasional fans will baulk at paying out £18 on a regular basis. I don't blame them.

I hope we get an ambitious manager in who'll bust a gut to get us back to the Premiership. but that's tempered by the knowledge that walk up prices would rise still higher.

Good luck to him, although very strange for him to take that route at only 31. Obviously not being kept on, but would've thought he'd look for another club.

As far as the manager goes, whoever is appointed will have failed somewhere or another unless we give someone their first job. I think we are fairly attractive at the moment, which is backed up by the number of applications, but it is still the Championship after all. Managers who have an as yet unblemished record are all at a higher level.

Would be talking out my rear end if I said I was disappointed he was leaving ... Good luck to him and all, hope he does well in what could be considered a big risk especially at a younger age ... But from a fan point of view he done absolutely bugger all for the last 2 seasons so I'm glad hes away !

Now if we can punt Scott next that will free up for landing 2 CM players to accompany Callachan ... Moon I'm unsure with what to do, poor season by his standard but we know he can offer something when in form ....

Obviously we need a Manager first haha :P ...

Edited by ADMO

Booked up train tickets for the Raith game as soon as I read our pre-season fixtures. Makes a nice change from the usual games we play during pre-season.

Whats the trains like going down on a Sunday? Was going to get train down but presumed times would be rank.

Whats the trains like going down on a Sunday? Was going to get train down but presumed times would be rank.

The trains work out pretty well actually...

I'm getting the 1147 to Kirkcaldy, arrives at 1339.

For the return it is the 1739 to Aberdeen, arrives at 1935.

Total for that was £28.30 and they're both direct trains too.

Yeah, good move for Liam Fox and the club.

Unfortunately Liam's legs seemed to be given up the ghost and all too often this season he was finding himself second to most balls.

Genuinely comes across as a good lad though and it was no surprise to me that Ross Mathews called him out as a great help on the run up to his full debut against Dumbarton.

All the best to him.