The New Raith Rovers Thread

Wouldn't be keen to see davo back to be honest. We need a break from those days, plus imagine Callachan being dropped for davo - that would be criminal!

We'd have some work rate in the centre of midfield with Davo and Callachan. Not sure about the creativity. Might have to leave that to the wide midfielders. I think that pairing would be capable of winning the midfield battle. Davo can also play centre half which is a bonus when we are running with a small squad. I could see the logic behind re-signing Davo.

We'd have some work rate in the centre of midfield with Davo and Callachan. Not sure about the creativity. Might have to leave that to the wide midfielders. I think that pairing would be capable of winning the midfield battle. Davo can also play centre half which is a bonus when we are running with a small squad. I could see the logic behind re-signing Davo.

I actually think Callachan is a pretty decent attacking midfielder, gets forward, moves beyond the striker when he can, keeps the ball moving - that's as creative as you can probably hope for.

Wouldn't have Davo back, we need a sitting midfielder to complement Callachan, someone who has decent positional sense and is good at reading the game.

I actually think Callachan is a pretty decent attacking midfielder, gets forward, moves beyond the striker when he can, keeps the ball moving - that's as creative as you can probably hope for.

Wouldn't have Davo back, we need a sitting midfielder to complement Callachan, someone who has decent positional sense and is good at reading the game.

In terms of creativity, I'm thinking more in terms of the mythical midfield general. He does exist, by the way, he just rarely, if ever, plays for Raith Rovers. Also, this mythical beast mainly has issues with consistency, just as wingers do. I'm thinking of the likes of Paul McStay, although last time I saw him he was carrying a few extra pounds, so I'm not suggesting he's a potential signing.

Did we have a sitting midfielder back when we were good? From memory that was the days of the centre half and sweeper. We probably did, but they usually don't get the recognition.

Maybe Davo's positional sense has improved in his time at Dundee. Doubt it, but you never know.

Edited by Scary Bear

I'm desperate for a return for our Navy Blue strips. Is it still Puma?

I quite enjoy our white strips. Happy for them to stay that way for a wee while yet. Is it confirmed if we're keeping our Remember green&black strip? I missed out on buying one first time around and I really want one, nae sizes left for a skinny lanky p***k like me.

our new home strip will be white and will be for 2 years.. however for its second year it will become our away strip With a New home Strip next summer.

This was brought up by the club last summer, the club had agreed that it wasnt Fair For Fans to pay for two strips every summer and also that if the club were only getting 1 new strip every season instead of 2 then we would be garunteed these strips for summer holidays, full range of sizes and a larger amount of stock.

I despise the white strip, it just doesn't feel like a Rovers top to me, least we're keeping the remember top though, our best since the half and half I'd say. The club is going to have to start selling snapbacks or something so I can buy something in the summer.

I'm a big fan of all white. I'd go so far as to say I'd like to see it become 'our' colour, with either the 'twa hoops' or just plain navy piping.

I'd also like to see us release some utterly mental accessories next season. Snapbacks should just be the beginning. On a more serious note, that new retro shirt that the Pars have released is a great idea. Pick the right shirt, and get the quality right, and you'll sell a bundle.

Our merchandising is poor especially online. They seem to sell out of everything by October and then that's it nothing until the following August.

If the plan was to keep the remember top for 2 seasons why haven't they restocked it many people are still after one including fans of other clubs yet normal sizes have been sold out for at least 6 months.

Also why don't we sell more cheap wee bits and pieces like water bottles pencil cases back packs etc would be cheap enough to produce locally or puma should have an odd the shelf effort.

As for the retro tops toffs are doing a load of bukta re issues from the 70s which might be a goer.