The New Raith Rovers Thread

Surely cuthbert would be easy enough to deal with if he was offered first team football elsewhere though? I think cuthbert is a decent keeper but he should not be played ahead of mcgurn. The competition may very well bring out the best in mcgurn though.

Great to see Granty resigned, had my doubts the last few weeks thought he might be snapped up by a Falkirk or QoS.

Glad the likes of Hill, Moon, Elliot, Nade & Scott are off the books. Hill aside thought the rest didn't show enough to merit being kept on.

Elliot may have looked like Messi in League 1 but there is massive gulf in ability needed for championship level. Moon is a decent player at this level, but since his injury hasn't been the same player apart from the Scottish cup win against Rangers where he had Nicky Law in his back pocket the whole game. It wouldn't have bothered me if we kept Moon, as he was one of our best players the first year with us, and would have hoped he could find that sort of form again..

He certainly didn't look like Messi in the Second Divison - in fact his goal scoring record with us was pretty poor - but used properly he was effective. Hartley knew how to make the most of his talents and he did a good job. He could do the same job easily enough in the Championship with the right manager. Kevin Moon has obviously had back luck with injuries and that's why he ended up with Alloa in the first place. A fit Moon could play in the Premier League. If there was any chance of getting him back to Alloa I would be delighted.

Sorry to see Ryan McCord leave us but I'm glad he is going to get a chance at full-time football. A very talented player who has been fantastic for us. I didn't think he was quite as fit this past season as he was under Paul Hartley and hopefully training full-time will get him a bit sharper. Great range of passing and a cool head, use him properly in your team and he will flourish for sure. Good luck Ryan, you more than did your bit for the Wasps.

He certainly didn't look like Messi in the Second Divison - in fact his goal scoring record with us was pretty poor - but used properly he was effective. Hartley knew how to make the most of his talents and he did a good job. He could do the same job easily enough in the Championship with the right manager. Kevin Moon has obviously had back luck with injuries and that's why he ended up with Alloa in the first place. A fit Moon could play in the Premier League. If there was any chance of getting him back to Alloa I would be delighted.

This is why Murray was such a disappointment. You could be rest assured that McGlynn would have got the best out of somebody like Elliot. I certainly hope that for this reason McKinnnon is a good coach who can get the best out of and improve players like McGlynn could. I'd keep Watson and would have kept Moon. I'd keep Laidlaw and loan him to a league 1 or 2 team for a full season of being a no.1. I think he'll make it. Plenty of quality keeper hadn't made a senior appearance at his age.

Grantie is the big news, delighted with that. McCord will be a good signing if he's a bit fitter and leaner than we last saw him.

Dougie Hill matured a lot in his last couple of seasons and if he'd go full time i'd be happy to have him. He'll be well liked in the right team. Moon I've always liked and hope he'll get past his.injuries for a good.run somewhere. As for Elliott, it's madness to.say he's pish but like our guest says he needs to be used/managed right. Good luck to them all.

Grantie though Yaaaaass

Very disappointed at the departure of Dougie, I thought the defence was much more stable with him and Watson in it than Watson and Barr. I think McCord will be a good signing for us and if we can bring in another central defender, another Winger and a striker then we'll have the makings of a decent side.

I'm disappointed but not surprised to see Hill leave but astonished to see Cuthbert retained. If he did sign a 2 year deal I hope we are doing everything we can to nudge him out the door. He must be the least value for money player in our squad.

Pleased that Anderson has agreed a new deal and other than Hill I can't say I'll miss any of those released.

As it stands we are probably looking for 2 centre backs, some full back cover, 2 central midfielders, a wide midfielder and a couple of strikers ideally. I expect we'll look to promote from within a bit in order to fill one or two of those places though.

Have to say, the lad who used to shout for Spencey and (last season) Nade must be a jinx for players. It speaks volumes about how far Dougie has come since he first signed for us when we'd been promoted, and everyone was of the impression he wasn't that great. I think it's a lasting testament to John McGlynn, Grant Murray and Laurie Ellis to show how far he came with help from the players and management.

McAusland had a very successful loan spell at Brechin last season where he was used as a central midfielder and chipped in with a few goals. Ayr used him as a right back and it would seem that the Pars also deployed him in defence which baffles me.

Would have definitely taken him back at the Glebe. Is he good enough for the Championship? Probably.

Edited by 'Steve

Can only agree with what's been said. Disappointed to lose Dougie. He has been a great servant for the club. But probably was time to move on.

The rest of them would all be capable of doing a job in this division. Sadly just didn't do enough in. rovers Jersey. Players who come with a decent enough reputation usually can't hack playing under the foam frothers in the South Stand.

Let's hope Ray and his merry band of sand dancers can deliver us some good, energetic displays.

McAusland had a very successful loan spell at Brechin last season where he was used as a central midfielder and chipped in with a few goals. Ayr used him as a right back and it would seem that the Pars also deployed him in defence which baffles me.

Would have definitely taken him back at the Glebe. Is he good enough for the Championship? Probably.

Seems as though he may end up at St Johnstone :blink: