The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's a horror of a strip that. We play in blue not white.

We've not been consistent though, we've had many years playing in royal blue as well as Navy, and just about a whole decade in our history playing in white. Our colours are not distinctive, nor are they part of our 'brand' in the same way as green with white sleeves is for Hibs, for example - so we have some latitude to decide what 'our' colours actually should be. In my opinion, white with navy trim was smart as f**k, and had the advantage of being pretty distinctive in the Scottish game.

It's a horror of a strip that. We play in blue not white.

We've not been consistent though, we've had many years playing in royal blue as well as Navy, and just about a whole decade in our history playing in white. Our colours are not distinctive, nor are they part of our 'brand' in the same way as green with white sleeves is for Hibs, for example - so we have some latitude to decide what 'our' colours actually should be. In my opinion, white with navy trim was smart as f**k, and had the advantage of being pretty distinctive in the Scottish game.

I agree. We have played in a white kit for well over a decade of our history so to say we don't play in white is probably wrong.

The last few seasons of white have given us a distinctive look. I have always felt we have a Dundee esque look about our blue kits and that's probably a hindrance to us.

I certainly don't think it was a "horror", far from it when you compare it to a few in our past. I really disliked the 2003-2006 kits and hated the half and half kit a few years back. I suppose it's all about taste.

I have found this interesting site though...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Raith_Rovers/Raith_Rovers.htm

I agree. We have played in a white kit for well over a decade of our history so to say we don't play in white is probably wrong.

The last few seasons of white have given us a distinctive look. I have always felt we have a Dundee esque look about our blue kits and that's probably a hindrance to us.

I certainly don't think it was a "horror", far from it when you compare it to a few in our past. I really disliked the 2003-2006 kits and hated the half and half kit a few years back. I suppose it's all about taste.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Raith_Rovers/Raith_Rovers.htm

Yeah, you look at that and we've spent a decade in white shirts, a couple of decades in royal blue and a few seasons with gold hoops. You also have to factor in that our 'traditional' combination of navy/white/red is the same basic palette as Dundee, Ross County and Falkirk - and we usually share a division with at least one of them, so we tend to lose a bit of distinctiveness.

Fwiw, I'd love us to switch to the 50/50 from a few years ago.

Agreed, that is in my opinion the nicest kit I've ever seen Rovers in, it really was a thing of beauty. Our current remember strip is probably second.

As for us playing in several different colours I probably should have added we play in blue or at least we do in my time supporting us properly it just doesn't feel right to me us playing in white at Starks, I look at it and see it as a Falkirk or Dundee away top.

Agreed, that is in my opinion the nicest kit I've ever seen Rovers in, it really was a thing of beauty. Our current remember strip is probably second.

As for us playing in several different colours I probably should have added we play in blue or at least we do in my time supporting us properly it just doesn't feel right to me us playing in white at Starks, I look at it and see it as a Falkirk or Dundee away top.

TBF you could look at any number of our home tops and say they looked like Dundee, RC or Falkirk home tops too.

And I thought it was awful. As I said before it's all a matter of opinion and no one is right or wrong.

I think the white top has worked really well. The problem the board have is they probably should have made it clearer that the RemembeR top was only for 1 season. Keeping it for a 2nd season and then going back to blue has put us in the position of having to have a 3rd strip which shouldn't be needed. If they wanted to go back to blue they should have made the white top our new away kit and kept the RemembeR top as a 1 season only special.

That 93-94 top is my favourite ever.

Interesting that we tried out a 'Prisoner of War' effort in 1891. Probably for the best it only lasted a year.

Navy is definitely our colour for me, but with enough scope to do pretty much anything. The white shirt is nice but it's never felt like watching the Rovers to me. We were in white at East End Park at the start of the season. That's not right.

White sleeves could be good as long as they're not too Anelka'esque. But definitely navy as the main colour for the home shirt.

Dale Hilson

I'd be happy with that. But he's not a centre-back so it's not the particular signing they promised us the other day.

Wighton would be interesting as well if it comes off, though I don't think I've ever seen him play so I'd need to wait before getting too excited.

I'd be happy with that. But he's not a centre-back so it's not the particular signing they promised us the other day.

Wighton would be interesting as well if it comes off, though I don't think I've ever seen him play so I'd need to wait before getting too excited.

It could be 2 in 1..

Both Wighton and the new CB?