The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's not your fault no, but seing as I said our history my point still stands, how on earth can you finish above a team that isn't in the same league structure?

Take away ten and you're down to 47, out of interest how many since the second world war?

I like this game. Post war it's 29 but we have to subtract at least 10 from you to compensate for your cheating years. That makes it 47 to us and 38 to you. :cheers:cheers

Was going to suggest we have another game along the lines of how long until the P**s go back into administration and shaft their creditors yet again?

But who cares, this is the Raith Rovers thread.

As the man said earlier seaside leagues for this pish!

For the vast majority of our history it has got us finishing above Raith Rovers.

Remember this?

So we've got more?

No. Like I said, not our fault you weren't good enough to get in. You were allowed into the cups - absolutely humped by Hibs on one occasion. All the horrible facts of a horrible club are here.

ETA - I forgot to add that for some of those years (1902-12) you were in the Central League, the equivalent of today's Lowland League. Winning it sometimes gave entry to the Scottish League, something you were incapable of until 1912. So you were there and you were trying to get into the Scottish League, but you were useless and so stayed below us in the pecking order.

Edited by Beachbum

I've been waiting for that draw away from home for ages. One of the last 6 grounds I need to get too.

Managed to make the cup game there back in 2008. Drew 0-0, Davidson got sent off and Campbell blasted in a hell of a penalty into the top corner along with Silvestro, as a former wee Rovers stalwart missing his.

Managed to make the cup game there back in 2008. Drew 0-0, Davidson got sent off and Campbell blasted in a hell of a penalty into the top corner along with Silvestro, as a former wee Rovers stalwart missing his.

I was there as well. Only positive was we went through, other than that it was god awful. I got more entertainment watching the groundsman going around each floodlight pylon and physically flicking a switch for each bulb to come on that night.

Yeah, unfortunately I wasn't allowed the time off work for that game as I have an exam during my apprenticeship that day and we haven't played them again since.

I remember Davo gave the travelling fans the finger as he walked down the tunnel after his red card. I'm sure Bobby Barr played against us that night and had a blinder. As he usually does.

Yeah, I mind that as well - not popular at that point. Can't believe we didn't score any goals with Wardlaw and Weir up front. Thank f**k we got Smtih in on loan a week or two later... and then Wales.

Yeah, unfortunately I wasn't allowed the time off work for that game as I have an exam during my apprenticeship that day and we haven't played them again since.

You missed f**k all, I had a chippy pre game that near enough smashed a tooth, batter like concrete.

You missed f**k all, I had a chippy pre game that near enough smashed a tooth, batter like concrete.

Did you go up on the supporters bus for that game? The pub it stopped at, for the equivalent of one pint, was like a step back in time.

Did you go up on the supporters bus for that game? The pub it stopped at, for the equivalent of one pint, was like a step back in time.

Nah, headed up with a mate. But yeah, same rules apply, a bit back to the future......