The New Raith Rovers Thread

Do you work "just" for money?

Absolutely. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either extremely lucky or a lying shitehawk. If money weren't an issue nobody would work.

Daly Signs for the rovers so I can understand why Rangers fans might pop in to this thread.

Dumbarton fans however... 3 of them? A bit Jealous of the signing perhaps?

And none of us have even mentioned Jon Daly. If he's fit he'll do well. Not sure why we'd be jealous though considering we're expected to sign a striker in the next few days.

Working for the money is absolutely fine. Not sure why anyone has a problem with it so long as they're doing what they're paid to do.

I don't have a problem with that at all, as I've made abundantly clear.

We haven't really addressed the underlying striking issue - it rears its head again in January when Daly and Wighton are both offski. There is no chance Vaughan will be back by then.

I hope he does well, but I'm just pointing out that the same problem will raise its head again in a few months.

And we're going to be in all kinds of shit next summer when virtually the whole squad is out of contract ....

If Ray thinks he's the right player, and he's available until January, there's no reason not to sign him and play him just because it's only until January. There'll be other players available by then.

No Rangers player played well last season but look at some of them now. He'll score goals.

The ones that have left or remained ?

I don't either is a good comparison to make tho

I very much doubt we were in for Daly as someone suggested, we have a similar experiment with Lee Miller.

The similarities with both deals are identical, looking for both to retrace previous form in a league below and avoid injury. In Miller, it looks like the deal could be extended if it works out, Daly looks like he is escaping to pastures new.

The one thing that would concern me, is he hasn't kicked a competitive ball since March..time will tell which experiment worked best

The ones that have left or remained ?

I don't either is a good comparison to make tho

I very much doubt we were in for Daly as someone suggested, we have a similar experiment with Lee Miller.

The similarities with both deals are identical, looking for both to retrace previous form in a league below and avoid injury. In Miller, it looks like the deal could be extended if it works out, Daly looks like he is escaping to pastures new.

The one thing that would concern me, is he hasn't kicked a competitive ball since March..time will tell which experiment worked best

And throw in our deal with Paul Heffernan too. Again, here to January. If it works out then could be extended.

Not sure which departed Rangers player from last season is playing well and scoring goals now? If he meant those still at Rangers then fair enough but that's hardly a reasonable comparison. Of those who left, Lee Robinson is still club-less. I've no idea where Mohsni is (not in Scotland anyway), Kyle Hutton is with us but has only started one Challenge Cup tie and has a couple of sub appearances in the league. Boyd's managed a single goal for Kilmarnock. McCulloch has managed less than half a game. As far as I know Ian Black is still clubless and Daly only signed today. Who have I missed?

And throw in our deal with Paul Heffernan too. Again, here to January. If it works out then could be extended.

Not sure which departed Rangers player from last season is playing well and scoring goals now? If he meant those still at Rangers then fair enough but that's hardly a reasonable comparison. Of those who left, Lee Robinson is still club-less. I've no idea where Mohsni is (not in Scotland anyway), Kyle Hutton is with us but has only started one Challenge Cup tie and has a couple of sub appearances in the league. Boyd's managed a single goal for Kilmarnock. McCulloch has managed less than half a game. As far as I know Ian Black is still clubless and Daly only signed today. Who have I missed?

Pushing it with Heffernan !!!

Only 3 players started from last years Rangers team yesterday, Miller, Law and Wallace.

2 of them didnt do too badly last season, Miller hasnt particularly looked that good in what Ive seen in the games Ive seen so far and I expect if he can be replaced he will.

Daly Signs for the rovers so I can understand why Rangers fans might pop in to this thread.

Dumbarton fans however... 3 of them? A bit Jealous of the signing perhaps?

I also wondered where the influx of Dumbarton fans were appearing from. Were they in for Daly too?

I'd actually agree with Moonster. McKinnon will want to do well on the basis that the role gives him a chance to showcase his skills. It's an excellent opportunity for him and so far he's winning over the fans with the product on the pitch and his honesty in interviews. I wouldn't go so far as to suggest he's got some sort of emotional bond to the club. What is clear that he's willing to go out his way to put the effort in to entice the best calibre of player he believes can help the club. It's worked with the likes of Daly and Craigen and it's a massive boost for us as a club.

Regardless, I'm loving the optimism around the club. Let's hope, as mentioned by ally gourley in the interview, the turnstiles start getting more people through them and we get a better atmosphere on match days.

No it won't.

Welcome to the party. McKinnon already said we had the chance to take a young Aberdeen forward on loan but we passed up on it as they wanted for the full wages to be paid by it. They were probably outwith our demands. As critical as I've been on Jon Daly previously, he rejected an offer from a team substantially larger than ourselves in this division for a lot more money, but came to Rovers as he wants to be here. I'd rather have that any day of the week given people were on here before saying Shankland apparently passed up on us to play a team in a lower division who ultimately failed miserably to gain promotion.

A team that includes both Davidson and Daly in it is just begging for aimless punts up the pitch all game.

I think Daly is probably finished but I'm hoping he just lost his form at The Rangers and he may still have something to offer. Sounds like there is a clause to extend the deal to the end of the season should both parties wish to do so.