The New Raith Rovers Thread

As for Daly....great signing! What he was like under McCoist is a shadow of what he was like at Dundee Utd and that can be said for almost every player at that club. If he gets a bit of fitness and we deliver him the service he will score us double figure goals guaranteed!

Hopefully will free up Stewart and Wighton to play off him. He brought the best out of the younger and more technically gifted players at Utd.

Definitely softens the Callachan news.

I might get a bit of shit for this but I don't think Ross has been up to much so far this season. Sare one that he's got a bad injury that'll keep him out for a while but it's not the end of the world for us.

The Daly deal suits all parties.

I'm sure Daly lives just north of Dundee beside Forbes of Kingennie and so it's an easy commute for him. He gets guaranteed game time for the next 4-5 months and, if he then gets an offer from American or elsewhere, fair play to him as he'll probably have done well for us.

We were all asking who we could sign that was a proven goalscorer and he ticks every single box. Yes he had a bad year last year at Rangers but who didn't?

Another great piece of business from Ray!

Is it not the case that if 3 players are called up for international duty they can request for a crenellation regardless of what we want?

Yep,much the way I see the ruling,although they still need to request a postponement but a mere formality

Daly,could be a good signing and maybe just what we need,an out and out striker and good in the air.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

We haven't really addressed the underlying striking issue - it rears its head again in January when Daly and Wighton are both offski. There is no chance Vaughan will be back by then.

I hope this works out well for the time being, but I'm sceptical given Daly's last 18-24 months.

We haven't really addressed the underlying striking issue - it rears its head again in January when Daly and Wighton are both offski. There is no chance Vaughan will be back by then.

I hope this works out well for the time being, but I'm sceptical given Daly's last 18-24 months.

There's no pleasing some....

There's no guarantee Wighton will go back to Dundee, especially if Stewart, Loy and Hemmings are all playing as he wouldn't get game time.

No Rangers player played well last season but look at some of them now. He'll score goals.

There's no pleasing some....

There's no guarantee Wighton will go back to Dundee, especially if Stewart, Loy and Hemmings are all playing as he wouldn't get game time.

No Rangers player played well last season but look at some of them now. He'll score goals.

Well, if you're looking for unanimous approval, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I hope he does well, but I'm just pointing out that the same problem will raise its head again in a few months.