The New Raith Rovers Thread

Can only echo what's been said. Vaughan is one of the outstanding young talents in the league. Some Queens fans actually came on to this thread following his injury and said they were gutted because, even though he's caused massive problems, he's so talented they were excited to see what he could do. I'd sorely hope we'll look monitoring how he's doing. I'd obviously expect Lewis to look after himself first and foremost, but I'd love him to stay. I've never seen a player at this level with such a talent for gliding past challenges.

Lewis wants to stay at Raith, he loves it there. His family love the club and all are well looked after. He is a hibee though as you probably know.

I think it may be a bit much to expect Vaughan to come back and hit the ground running. He will probably only be getting up to full speed as the season is ending. Hopefully we will manage to keep him at the club for another year.

In other news, I read McKinnon saying that Thomson won't be back until February at the earliest now.

Edited by Martin Nelson

Lewis wants to stay at Raith, he loves it there. His family love the club and all are well looked after. He is a hibee though as you probably know.

Great to hear. Would definitely be best for him to get at least another years first team football under his belt and take things from there. Has he shut up about last season's winner yet?

I think it may be a bit much to expect Vaughan to come back and hit the ground running. He will probably only be getting up to full speed as the season is ending. Hopefully we will manage to keep him at the club for another year.

Absolutely. Get him as much game time as possible between his return and the end of the season with no expectations at all. All about getting him fit, getting him confident and getting him ready for next season. What a tragedy his injury was for our season.

You do realise you're building him up as much as Dundee fans did with Wighton.

The main difference being that Vaughan has shown on a consistent basis that he has the ability and maturity to make a difference at Championship level. Something Wighton has failed to do thus far (but still might).

Great to hear. Would definitely be best for him to get at least another years first team football under his belt and take things from there. Has he shut up about last season's winner yet?

Absolutely. Get him as much game time as possible between his return and the end of the season with no expectations at all. All about getting him fit, getting him confident and getting him ready for next season. What a tragedy his injury was for our season.

:lol: none of his family has, especially his mum who's a rovers convert for the time being mate.

In other news, I read McKinnon saying that Thomson won't be back until February at the earliest now.

What round of the cup would that be for?

It will be great to get lewis back fit and hopefully rovers do the right thing and offer him a new contract as he deserves it.Regarding BOXING DAY if alloa fans want to come to styx you are more than welcome it opens at 12 and the buses still run to the game.No quite 5 star luxury but does the job anyway :P If theres going to be 1 or 2 thats fine just turn up but if its a bus load pm me so i can sort out with the management extra scran.

You do realise you're building him up as much as Dundee fans did with Wighton.

Prior to his injury, he was one of the best young players in the division. How he'll do on his return is anyone's guess. But before it he was truly fantastic. He was scoring regularly and growing in confidence.

Delighted to hear that. The fans are enamoured with the lad. He's come through our youth set up which is a source of pride for us. Hopefully he can come back strongly and will sign a new deal. If Hibs came calling ,I'd not blame him in the slightest. But I hope we can tempt him with the opportunity of regular game time compared to clubs of that size. He's a top guy by all accounts!

Prior to his injury, he was one of the best young players in the division. How he'll do on his return is anyone's guess. But before it he was truly fantastic. He was scoring regularly and growing in confidence.

Delighted to hear that. The fans are enamoured with the lad. He's come through our youth set up which is a source of pride for us. Hopefully he can come back strongly and will sign a new deal. If Hibs came calling ,I'd not blame him in the slightest. But I hope we can tempt him with the opportunity of regular game time compared to clubs of that size. He's a top guy by all accounts!

I hope for his age that we offer him a 2 yr deal if not a 3 yr deal so that we can make some money when he does eventually leave..

Well, one thing's for sure, we can't keep going with a backline of McKeown-Davidson-Benedictus-Toshney..... we desperately need Toshney in the middle of defence, and a right back who will overlap Anderson.

Well, one thing's for sure, we can't keep going with a backline of McKeown-Davidson-Benedictus-Toshney..... we desperately need Toshney in the middle of defence, and a right back who will overlap Anderson.

I think Elliot Ford should be given a chance, he is an attacking full back and deserves a shot at least

Ford hasn't looked ready to me when he's played in the first team, seems McKinnon thinks the same.

Would Petrie be worth a go at RB? I know he's left footed but he can play LB and might be willing to get forward a bit more than Toshney seems to? Added advantage of getting Davidson out of CB and the Toshney/Bene partnership restored.