The New Raith Rovers Thread

Does anyone reckon this campaign the club has going (by trying to persuade the fans to buy their tickets before Saturday) is so they can scrape some money together to pay for a new signing before the weekend? I've never understood why they always emphasise the whole "get your ticket before Saturday" as we all know there will be cash turnstiles on the day

Does anyone reckon this campaign the club has going (by trying to persuade the fans to buy their tickets before Saturday) is so they can scrape some money together to pay for a new signing before the weekend? I've never understood why they always emphasise the whole "get your ticket before Saturday" as we all know there will be cash turnstiles on the day

Doubt making the game all ticket was done with a view to making a signing. I think it has been done to try to get some money in because we've not had a Saturday home game since October (unless I've forgotten one). We've still got players and bills to pay.

I do assume we'll announce that it will be pay at the gate shortly.

Doubt making the game all ticket was done with a view to making a signing. I think it has been done to try to get some money in because we've not had a Saturday home game since October (unless I've forgotten one). We've still got players and bills to pay.

I do assume we'll announce that it will be pay at the gate shortly.

On that note when the Rangers game was cancelled I remember people moaning that we will loose a lot of money... But I thought it was an all ticket game and a hell of an amount of away tickets were sold at Starks... So surely the money was still received for those tickets at the time???

On that note when the Rangers game was cancelled I remember people moaning that we will loose a lot of money... But I thought it was an all ticket game and a hell of an amount of away tickets were sold at Starks... So surely the money was still received for those tickets at the time???

*lose

I'm not sure what the rules are on payments for away tickets but I have a feeling the cash is to be paid within a set period after the game is played. Don't get me started on the Townies a few years ago! In short, I doubt we've received that money.

I think we almost certainly received the money from the thousand odd fans who queued at Starks and paid by cash/card there and then Edited by Geordie_Munrover

Aye, we'll obviously have got that money and the relatively small amount from non season ticket holders but I doubt it was much in the context of the horrendous run of luck we've had with postponements. I hope we're in a position to sign someone before the cup game but, if we are, I will be surprised.

Aye, we'll obviously have got that money and the relatively small amount from non season ticket holders but I doubt it was much in the context of the horrendous run of luck we've had with postponements. I hope we're in a position to sign someone before the cup game but, if we are, I will be surprised.

Answer me this then..... Why is it when the manager is building his squad the club calculate a budget for the season which is calculated mostly on income generated by money coming in from the fans (Home and away) which varies depending on the opposition within the league. But all of a sudden we are surviving on a month to month basis....Aye the games were postponed, but there not cancelled forever.... The games will eventually be played which means the money will eventually come our way. Surely when calculating the costs of a season postponements are taking into account. At the end of the day as long as the books are balanced at the end of the tax year

Answer me this then..... Why is it when the manager is building his squad the club calculate a budget for the season which is calculated mostly on income generated by money coming in from the fans (Home and away) which varies depending on the opposition within the league. But all of a sudden we are surviving on a month to month basis....Aye the games were postponed, but there not cancelled forever.... The games will eventually be played which means the money will eventually come our way. Surely when calculating the costs of a season postponements are taking into account. At the end of the day as long as the books are balanced at the end of the tax year

Cash flow is the answer.

Cash flow is the answer.

It's a fairly obvious answer too. You wonder why the question needed to be asked. Unless we have gained overdraft facilities again, then cash flow issues will always be a risk if we don't have a home game for a few months.

Saying that, we've been flogging more season tickets than we used to and that money is in the bank.