The New Raith Rovers Thread

Is that you snowballing a rumour?

No, I've also heard that Cuthbert, Connolly, Barr, Barr's dog and the tea lady who hasn't signed a new deal are all going with him.

That's snowballing a rumour.

Speaking to someone at Cove v Formartine tonight who says Cuthbert been offered a two year deal but reckons he could well move elsewhere.

Also said that Cuthbert works two days a week in Aberdeen...

Think Cuthbert did an interview, with Raith TV earlier this season, where he mentioned starting doing personal training at a friend's gym (or maybe it was working with a friend who had already set up a business as a personal trainer?). I seem to remember he was talking in terms of building up a non-football career so he's got a ready made job when he eventually hangs his boots up. Wonder if that's what he's doing in Aberdeen?

Speaking to someone at Cove v Formartine tonight who says Cuthbert been offered a two year deal but reckons he could well move elsewhere.

Also said that Cuthbert works two days a week in Aberdeen...

Crossed my mind to go to that game - how was it?

In the FFP this morning that Davo and Robertson should be the last piece of business until the end of the season, but theres a possibility there might be one more, I'm guessing, that'll be Cuthbert if he accepts the contract. Looks like Mckinnons going to ease off on the contract offers now until we know what league we're going to be a part of, incase we do overcome the massive odds stacked against us. At least when you look at the players that have agreed contracts for next season. The majority of them have top league experience anyway. Bene, Toshney and Davo with Dundee. Robertson with Dundee United and Hibs. Thomson with Hearts. Stewart with Kilmarnock.

I'm not saying that I think we'll go up this season, as I don't but I do however think Mckinnon has to stop offering deals at the minute, until we know for sure what league we'll be in. Players like Mckeown and Longridge should be offered a deal for this league as they have both proven they're decent players at this level but are they good enough for the Scottish Premiership? I'm not so sure..

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

http://www.raithrovers.net/24396/falkirk-match-kick-off-time-switched.htm

Who gives a toss about the fans eh?

What an absolute joke!

Is this BBC Alba again? They fucking love us.

It is getting a wee bit beyond a joke now. Wouldn't be so bad if the Alba deal was worth more than 50p and a box of Mars Bars.

At least when you look at the players that have agreed contracts for next season. The majority of them have top league experience anyway. Bene, Toshney and Davo with Dundee. Robertson with Dundee United and Hibs. Thomson with Hearts. Stewart with Kilmarnock.

Players like Mckeown and Longridge should be offered a deal for this league as they have both proven they're decent players at this level but are they good enough for the Scottish Premiership? I'm not so sure..

Surely if you're basing who's signed thus far as being good enough due to having Premiership experience then you'd have to add McKeown and Longridge to your list as well seen as they've played in the top flight as well.

That's very very poor. The match is 16 days away. I imagine we've sold hospitality? Falkirk fans will have booked buses, trains etc. We took a massive hit (2000 fans?) on the Hibs game at 5:15. Highly disappointing for what may well be a dress rehearsal for a play-off QF, but ultimately probably a dead rubber.

And yeah, given the Alba deal is worth next to nothing...

Six home league games moved from Saturday 3pm this season, for a range of reasons, none of which were the club's fault but is another barrier to getting people through the door ultimately.

Falkirk/Hibs - Alba

Rangers/Alloa/Queens - Weather

St Mirren - Internationals

How much lost income in there? Probably another player's worth at least.

In addition we've had three away matches moved to Friday night and one to Saturday night for Alba, a trip to Rangers always scheduled for a Tuesday and a late cancellation at St Mirren putting the game on a Tuesday too. Again nothing the club can do but it's certainly pissing the fans around.

Edited by Paco

Also the Livingston game on the last day has been moved to the Sunday.

ETA With season ticket renewals due next month I'll bet there are a few fans (myself included) who might think twice about renewing when this nonsense is going on.

Edited by Beachbum

ETA With season ticket renewals due next month I'll bet there are a few fans (myself included) who might think twice about renewing when this nonsense is going on.

Exactly this

Dumbarton game on the 16 th also a 5-15 kick off

Edited by Rovers_Lad

There's another year of BBC Alba's contract still to run. With Dunfermline coming up next season you can bet that of the two visits Alba are allowed to make to Stark's Park one will be the Pars' game, further hitting our already miniscule budget.

There's another year of BBC Alba's contract still to run. With Dunfermline coming up next season you can bet that of the two visits Alba are allowed to make to Stark's Park one will be the Pars' game, further hitting our already miniscule budget.

Would that actually have a significant effect on such a local derby? Surely that would be one of the games least effected by an Alba move.

Alba knocked 2 or 3 thousand off the recent game v Hibs, so yes it would have an effect. But we're going up to the Premiership so maybe it won't matter after all.

Seriously though, Alba should be showing Peterhead v Annan and the like, where their presence doesn't matter.