The New Raith Rovers Thread

I can understand managers being attracted to buy players they know when they get their second job but surely, given how the McHatties, Hamills and Carricks have let Locke down and cost him his job at Killie, he won't be going back for them again. If he does sign them again then he's not learned from his mistakes and we'll be in for a tough season. We might be in for a tough season anyway but avoiding guys like this will lower the risk.

I can understand managers being attracted to buy players they know when they get their second job but surely, given how the McHatties, Hamills and Carricks have let Locke down and cost him his job at Killie, he won't be going back for them again. If he does sign them again then he's not learned from his mistakes and we'll be in for a tough season. We might be in for a tough season anyway but avoiding guys like this will lower the risk.

I suppose Carrick could be a decent player but he's injured 90% of the time so represents far too much of a risk. McHattie looked hopeless when he has played against us in the past so not that keen on him but it's not inconceivable he might be able to cope in the Championship. Hamill would be a complete non starter.

There is also Scott Robinson who was released by Kilmarnock and spent the last couple of months of the season on amateur terms at the Pars unsuccessfully trying to earn a contract there.

What's with all the McCulloch hate? Were his elbows used more viciously than usual against yourselves?

He decided that Carrick was looking a bit tasty and that 50 minutes on the park was enough for him so he stood on him whilst he was on the ground and that was the end of that.

God sake give the guy a chance he's just in the door

Give Eric and the board credit on the man they picked

Yes it will be hard next season as Ray had a excellent season

IMO Raith will do well to get into the play offs for a 2nd season

The Board will get credit if it all goes well. If it doesn't then they'll rightly get pelters given Gary's previous track record in management, prior to joining Rovers. More so, if it goes catastrophically wrong and we're relegated.

He decided that Carrick was looking a bit tasty and that 50 minutes on the park was enough for him so he stood on him whilst he was on the ground and that was the end of that.

Was it him that he forearm smashed in that game too?

Did he even get booked in that game?

This is what be happens when a club the size of Rovers appoint an Alloa standard manager :(

The Board will get credit if it all goes well. If it doesn't then they'll rightly get pelters given Gary's previous track record in management, prior to joining Rovers. More so, if it goes catastrophically wrong and we're relegated.

I don't think for a min Gary will do as well as Ray I have watched Ray over the last 4/5 years at Brechin and Raith he is a special Manager guys and no way is Utd his last gig

He has got really good management skills I see him very like Paul Hartley

Be thankful he left ur club in a better place than he found it