The New Raith Rovers Thread

With the squad you have the now, 9th is probably where you'll be. Fais is the only decent player that would shine in this league. If you're 4 CB's next season are Brad McKay, BRE, Wedderburn and Fordyce, then I'm not worried in the slightest. Fordyce failed at this league. Brad McKay had to drop down 2 divisions to get a deal. Wedderburn was a first team player in the cowden team that got relegated. And I don't know much about BRE but according to others he's not up to much either..

I do think you will strengthen though so 5th and 6th will probably where we'll both finish.. I'm not sure what order though..

I reckon they will finish 7th tbh

With the squad you have the now, 9th is probably where you'll be. Fais is the only decent player that would shine in this league. If you're 4 CB's next season are Brad McKay, BRE, Wedderburn and Fordyce, then I'm not worried in the slightest. Fordyce failed at this league. Brad McKay had to drop down 2 divisions to get a deal. Wedderburn was a first team player in the cowden team that got relegated. And I don't know much about BRE but according to others he's not up to much either..

I do think you will strengthen though so 5th and 6th will probably where we'll both finish.. I'm not sure what order though..

That el Baktooui is completely unproven at this level. Even if they retained him I doubt he would score more than 5 or 6 a season for them.

Good, you need to post proof that the donation is made too

It was on the original thread, was to a kids hospital in London.

Take up the charity bet then :)

That el Baktooui is completely unproven at this level. Even if they retained him I doubt he would score more than 5 or 6 a season for them.

:lol: He'd score 15-16 a season for them :lol:

Not to worry though, there's not a hope in hell that he'll sign for them..

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

At this stage Raith are a better side than us.

We will improve but how well is impossible to say at this stage. Betting on who finishes higher, got to say Raith at this stage.

10 pound charity bet we will finish above you? I'm curious to see what charity sober me will plug for.

:lol: He'd score 15-16 a season for them :lol:

Not to worry though, there's not a hope in hell that he'll sign for them..

Based on what? The fact he can score hatricks against Posties and butchers?

He did seem to have a falling out with Johnston though so I expect he will move on.

Based on what? The fact he can score hatricks against Posties and butchers?

He did seem to have a falling out with Johnston though so I expect he will move on.

Based on the fact that Greig Spence could score 12/13 in this league, I'd imagine Fais can get 15/16.

Can't see him staying as he's been linked with Aberdeen, Motherwell and Ross County though..

When was the last time Rovers had a player who scored anywhere near the amount he has scored in a season. Dalziel ??? We got lucky last season bringing in players on loan who could score goals in Hardie and Connolly. Don't mock until we find out who we bring in to help out our 30 goal striker in Mark Stewart. Edited by foreverarover

When was the last time Rovers had a player who scored anywhere near the amount he has scored in a season. Dalziel ??? We got lucky last season bringing in players on loan who could score goals in Hardie and Connolly. Don't mock until we find out who we bring in to help out our 30 goal striker in Mark Stewart.

I'm pretty confident that Vaughan is better than Baktooui.

When was the last time Rovers had a player who scored anywhere near the amount he has scored in a season. Dalziel ??? We got lucky last season bringing in players on loan who could score goals in Hardie and Connolly. Don't mock until we find out who we bring in to help out our 30 goal striker in Mark Stewart.

Brian Graham?

Yes Nacho Novo and Brian Graham

If Locke can persuade Connolly, Longridge and McKeown to re-sign I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. With the squad we already have we are a top 4 team. Whether other sides agree with it or not.

All of El Bak's goals were from open play and his three goals in four games ratio was the same in four cup games against Premiership teams as in the league. He's a fantastic player and I'm sure he'll have a great career at a level well above Pars or Rovers.

All of El Bak's goals were from open play and his three goals in four games ratio was the same in four cup games against Premiership teams as in the league. He's a fantastic player and I'm sure he'll have a great career at a level well above Pars or Rovers.

I agree. Brilliant player but he won't be playing in this league next year.