The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm still thinking to myself as to why we need another left back , as I for one don't rate McKeown enough for a club any better than ourselves wanting to take him.

Agreed. He's an average player and certainly not good enough for the Premiership imo. McHattie would be a suitable replacement for this league should McKeown leave.

Ooft, Rovers fans very confident. Looking forward to the wee team tears and snotters after the first derby win next season.

No worries we'll have plenty hankies in the North stand for you when we win the first home Derby, nae luck gadge.

But as soon as we found out Gary Locke became our new manager, that confidence isn't forthcoming. I still think we have more about us than the Pars

Edited by baillieinleeds

Ooft, Rovers fans very confident. Looking forward to the wee team tears and snotters after the first derby win next season.

I think you confidence is somewhat delusional. We have nearly the same team that finished 4th and unbeaten in 12games. You won the seaside league while still getting turned over by a few posties and joiners. Get a grip and hope you stay in the league

Bene linked with the dabs? Surely no?!

Under contract for another year here. I get that folk will be lining up to link McKinnon and his former players at Raith, but firstly, most of our guys are solid rather than inspired and probably not what United are looking for and second, thanks to McKinnon's forethought in trying to build a squad for this year before the lure of Tannadice got to him, almost all of last year's Rovers first team are signed up again for this year.

Edited by renton

They can be linked with him all they want. We shall say "ok, thirty grand please" and that'll be the end of it.

They might get Connolly back, if he's finished taking sly digs at them on Twitter.

Very confident? The last 50 pages or so of this thread are filled with 'far from confident' posts.

Nobody's confident next season.

Except the Raith Rovers board, as was shown in their appointment of Mr. Locke. Right?   Right??

no-answer.gif

Would rather have our defence than Falkirk's. The rest of their team is better than ours though.'

we've been without our best defender since January (grant) and had the best defence up until then...After that mccracken, who us experienced and was for cover had to play every week and we were more shaky.

They can be linked with him all they want. We shall say "ok, thirty grand please" and that'll be the end of it.

They might get Connolly back, if he's finished taking sly digs at them on Twitter.

I'd be absolutely furious if we only get 5 grand more for Bene than we got for Sean Mackie to be honest...

All we would be due is the remainder of his contract, although technically we don't have to let him go at all.

Would get slightly more for Toshney if he is under 24?

If Sean Mackie, an 18 year old that only played 90 seconds of competitive football for us went for 25 grand, you'd be happy if we accepted 30 grand for Bene.. Look at the amount that Hamilton and Falkirk sell their players for. That's what we should be aiming to become instead of accepting the lowest offer possible at every opportunity, or theirs only one way we're going and that's down.