The New Raith Rovers Thread

If Sean Mackie, an 18 year old that only played 90 seconds of competitive football for us went for 25 grand, you'd be happy if we accepted 30 grand for Bene.. Look at the amount that Hamilton and Falkirk sell their players for. That's what we should be aiming to become instead of accepting the lowest offer possible at every opportunity, or theirs only one way we're going and that's down.

Bene isn't the next big prospect going to the English premier league, he is a half decent 1st division defender. Personally I would like more than 30k but if he wants to go and that's all e get then I wouldn't complain

In all seriousness he's a pretty good player at this level nothing more. If you asked us a year ago most of us would have driven him to your ground for free but he has been a lot better this season.

Apparently we are looking At Rory McKeown for next season. Is that the sturdy left back?

Yes. I think he's been an ever-present in the team. Would be a good signing.

Great long throw on him too.

Edited by Scary Bear

I think you confidence is somewhat delusional. We have nearly the same team that finished 4th and unbeaten in 12games. You won the seaside league while still getting turned over by a few posties and joiners. Get a grip and hope you stay in the league

Who said I was confident about the Pars. We tend to dominate the Rovers regardless of how good each side is so it's not too ridiculous to assume we'll do so again.

Having watched you guys several times last season, I was never that impressed. Plus, you now have a total diddy in charge so I'd be surprised if you improved in any way.

Side-slitting banter aside, this Dunfermline team are far better than the Morton team that won League One the previous season. Considering they went on to finish fifth, I'd presume Dunfermline will probably do reasonably well next season.

I'd certainly be (pleasantly) surprised if they weren't in amongst a clutch of teams going for fourth.

Side-slitting banter aside, this Dunfermline team are far better than the Morton team that won League One the previous season. Considering they went on to finish fifth, I'd presume Dunfermline will probably do reasonably well next season.

I'd certainly be (pleasantly) surprised if they weren't in amongst a clutch of teams going for fourth.

Well Id be suprised if they are. I dont think they were overly impressive last season considering they bought the title

I don't really keep up to date with all things Dunfermline so have no idea what their squad is like thus far to predict where they'll finish. One things for sure I couldn't care less if they finished above or below us, can't go about concerning ourselves with other teams at the moment. We have no idea how we'll perform under Locke BUT the way I feel at the moment, and I might end up being pleasantly surprised, is next season is about staying in the league. I can see us maybe doing a QOS next season where the playoffs are a distant memory. The bar has been set with us reaching the playoffs last season and unfortunately a lot of fans will see this as priority number 1 and, inevitably, there will be a monumental shit storm that'll come out the South Stand if that objective doesn't look to be getting met. Brace yourselves to being back in the Murray era.

Well Id be suprised if they are. I dont think they were overly impressive last season considering they bought the title

You've lost me. Finishing seventh and losing a gazillion pounds in the process was hilarious. However, winning the league fairly comfortably, playing decent football and scoring goals while turning a small profit is impressive, surely?

You've lost me. Finishing seventh and losing a gazillion pounds in the process was hilarious. However, winning the league fairly comfortably, playing decent football and scoring goals while turning a small profit is impressive, surely?

Why the f**k would i be impressed with Dunfermline??

Why the f**k would i be impressed with Dunfermline??

Because you're maybe rational and logical enough to think to yourself that as much as Dunfermline are our rivals and laughing at them when they're guff is good, you can also say fair play to them when they achieve something?