The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fair amount of experience. I'm happy enough with that

My first thought - however mental, seen as I haven't even heard of the guy since he played for Scotland - was that I was happy with that.

Some people need to get a grip. Give the management team a chance. The negativity here is cringeworthy

You tell them chief! Too much doom and gloom on here. The pars trolls smell blood, or goats, or something.

He has contacts over Europe. All his coaching badges. Experience playing at a very high level. Experience working and helping nurture youngsters who are now reaping the benefits of his input. I'm more than happy with him on board..

Quite pleasantly surprised on the appointment, not because of any great things I have heard about his coaching (not heard anything negative either) but because it's a bit different rather than the dreaded brown/Jeffries scenario.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Welcome aboard Darren.

Is Jackson not:

1 An agent, so will end up signing all his own players

2. Bankrupt, if Ray couldn't handle a small budget how will Jackson manage?

He hasn't been an agent since 2013 according to Wiki.

As for his financial capabilities I'd guess the board will still be calling the shots there.

Think I've finally got over the initial disappointment of hiring Locke. He definitely wasn't my first choice but that's irrelevant now and all we can do is supported him and the team. Really hope he can prove the majority of people (including me) wrong and push on from where Ray left us.

we already have one. name auther unknown

I don't think Dunfermline fans will know who he is. I'm guessing Bill has had a wee temp ban on Fantalk, not seen his pished induced 'hammering at the keyboard in a sense of rage' posts aimed at AU for a while.

I don't think Dunfermline fans will know who he is. I'm guessing Bill has had a wee temp ban on Fantalk, not seen his pished induced 'hammering at the keyboard in a sense of rage' posts aimed at AU for a while.

maybe they will know his alter ego on here though. :huh:

Lets hope Locke and Jackson can shut everybody up. The pish taking is getting tedious now. Let's see what they do with Rays squad. Initially I was disappointed, but that's subsiding now. Now we have Mango signed up again which makes it all so much more bearable.

Edited by baillieinleeds

Dont think there will be much between ourselves and Dunfermline, just pretty confident about finishing above them.

Especially as they seem to be basing their team on the likes of Wedderburn, Moffat and Cardle.  Gads.

It's disgraceful that our fans don't unquestionably accept everything that the club does.

This. It's ironic fans will slaughter players for not being good enough during the season when they've been capable but it's complete taboo to get news of an appointment and you can't think 'surely there's better options'. I'm still to be unconvinced this is the right step. The board and Eric have made many fantastic decisions, and I felt they were brilliant taking on board the fan feedback about having fans being able to set up direct debits to a player fund (downloaded my standing order last night).

At the risk of the sounding like a "ahh pay yur wages type", having bought a season ticket the week before the playoffs and the situation is now completely different outlook. If people are unhappy they're entitled to their opinion. It might be negative pish to some, but for me it's important people pull through their views.