The New Raith Rovers Thread

Absolutely buzzing for our hybrid team of Dundee United and Kilmarnock cast-offs, with some Hearts 13/14 vintage sprinkled in for good measure.

All good, solid Premier League sides...

Mind that time we signed James Craigen - a player we hadn't played against the previous season, or who'd played under our then manager? Seems like an ice age ago.....

Edited by renton

Could really have been worse. Happy enough

Dundee Utd had 3 top 6 finishes before things went tits up - so theres enough to suggest theres something there.

Edited by CALDERON

Oh. My. God. As if Locke wasn't hilarious enough, Darren 'I guarantee Dundee United will not go down' Jackson. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Locke and Jackson to lead Raith to the title by 12 points next season and make me, and most other people, look vvv silly

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Fucking Darren Jackson.

Any Rovers fan thinking this is anything other than a total joke of an appointment go and listen to him ramble on about the United job. Actually just listen to him for more than 5 minutes talking about anything. I'm convinced the only reason he's been on the Beeb recently is because people felt sorry for him.

This is either going to be a complete disaster or an incredible season that'll shut everybody up.

Can't believe he's got another gig at such a decent level.

Fucking Darren Jackson.

Any Rovers fan thinking this is anything other than a total joke of an appointment go and listen to him ramble on about the United job. Actually just listen to him for more than 5 minutes talking about anything. I'm convinced the only reason he's been on the Beeb recently is because people felt sorry for him.

This is either going to be a complete disaster or an incredible season that'll shut everybody up.

Can't believe he's got another gig at such a decent level.

We still have the majority of McKinnon's squad signed up. The fervent hope is that Locke and Jackson have at least the basic level of competence to keep us up this year with the players at their disposal. It's the year after that scares me shitless.

Edited by renton

It's not Billy Brown. For that at least we are thankful. Places will remain unvisited, and things, undone - for now at least.

The fact this is the only positive aspect of the appointment is the most worrying part.

How things can change in only 2 weeks...

If we can get through the Locke era, however long it may last, without being relegated that will be the main thing.

Already looking forward to the next manager and Locke hasn't been in charge of one game yet.  Not a great way to push on after an impressive season.   I'm assuming the board thought that even although Gary's win percentage (26%) was low, it was at SPL level with Killie and Hertz, so he should be able to handle the Championship.  

Already looking forward to the next manager and Locke hasn't been in charge of one game yet. Not a great way to push on after an impressive season. I'm assuming the board thought that even although Gary's win percentage (26%) was low, it was at SPL level with Killie and Hertz, so he should be able to handle the Championship.

That, and the fact he was probably the cheapest.

Just sitting reading some of the comments on here out loud. Looked down and my dog had slit his own wrists. Cheer up FFS! A ball hasn't even been kicked yet

Ankles, surely.

Already looking forward to the next manager and Locke hasn't been in charge of one game yet.  Not a great way to push on after an impressive season.   I'm assuming the board thought that even although Gary's win percentage (26%) was low, it was at SPL level with Killie and Hertz, so he should be able to handle the Championship.  

Good points.

If some of the roasters on here were to actually read Jackson's coaching history they might hold back a wee bit on some of the drivel they spout.  

Some of the guys he brought thro' the ranks at Tannadice have gone on to great careers, but, hey don't let facts get in the way of the truth!

That, however, is expecting far too much!! :)

Never thought I'd agree with DAFC....;)