The New Raith Rovers Thread

I agree Toshney would be a massive lose. IMO was our best defender. Composed on the ball and tackled well. Having said that I wasnt convinced he was a defensive midfielder and maybe Barr could move into that role with Connolly signing to play along side Bene.

In other words United offered a bag of peanuts and a packet of plain crisps but our board held on manfully to get two bags of salt and vinegar instead.

They didn't manage to negotiate hard enough to get cheese and onion? Poor show.

They didn't manage to negotiate hard enough to get cheese and onion? Poor show.

Rumour has it that cheese and onion was on the table, but it was Golden Wonder, so the board passed on it.

If Toshney wants to go he's as well going. Sure, we can and should hold out for some sort of fee - that's our prerogative. But in these days of freedom of movement, any money we get for him is just a bonus from the fact that he signed a contract extension during the season. He could as easily not have done and left as a free agent just as Craigen, McKeown and Connolly have.

As for Laidlaw, I've probably said all the same stuff numerous times on the thread, but I still think he has the attributes of a good 'keeper, and again he's still quite a bit younger than McGurn was when he moved clubs and became a long-term first choice for the first time in his career. It wouldn't the least surprise me if Laidlaw does similar and ends up becoming a good 'keeper somewhere, over the next few years. Be a bit of a pity if that's with someone other than us, but there's no point in us keeping him kicking his heels as a third choice if we don't have more confidence in him than that.

f**k off Ray - just f**k off. 

If we're selling our best player for buttons it's our own club who can collectively f**k off, not McKinnon for wanting to sign a very good player.

Will wait and see what happens, could be be rubbish. £63k difference in prize money between 4th and 5th last season...

Barr and Benedictus are more than capable at the back. If we end up signing Connolly, then Barr could also move forward and play in the middle of the park. He was a bit of a stick out there by all accounts while at Airdrie.

If Toshney goes then it's a blow, but not a huge one.

Does that mean more for cross border or less?

I suspect it means you'll get nothing. Development fees under FIFA don't apply if the player had completed their development before joining a club, which Connolly clearly had considering he was immediately in your first team.

Would be a blow to lose Toshney. Barr is more than capable of being a standout in defence or midfield for us but the worry is that he's yet to play for us between the months of July and January so can hardly be described as reliable in the appearance department. Toshney injured his ankle ligaments and was back within a fortnight. Warrior.

He is under 24 (I think) and we offered him a contract

If you offered him a written contract in sufficient time and he is not yet 23 you can get compensation for years of training up to the age of 21.

As he is 20 you would be entitled to about five months worth of compensation. It will likely be about the same value as a family sized box of crisps and two Mars bars! Although York moght look to agree something rather than go to a tribunal.

If Toshney has had his head turned and now wants to leave then it may be better if he goes. If we can free up what would've been a sizeable wage by our standards and get even £30-40k of a fee to put towards the wages budget I think we should do it.

I get the point being made about lost prize money but who is to say we'll finish any lower with a side excluding Toshney but with a potent strike force than with Toshney but with no attacking threat?

Trying my luck on here but wondered if anyone's bought a junior kit on here for their kids?

My wee boys just turned 3, choking to get him a strip but they never bring out infant sizes, although I notice there's an extra small junior size this time round.

Anyone any idea what ages this would be suitable for?

Cheers in advance if anyone has